• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique My Ike

Othersyde

Smash Rookie
It's difficult to give an honest critique when the Metaknight you faced was awful.

Your Ike looks good - however - against a good opponent - especially a good Metaknight - you will be punished for some of the moves you did against this poorly played Metaknight.

ComradeSAL

Smash Journeyman
Overall your game seems pretty good. I'll think that your f-airing is a bit excessive - your opponents seem to have picked up on it and know when it is coming. Is there a reason you don't use sideb's at all vs meta? It seems like a good alternative approach since meta has no projectiles, especially if you short hop it.

I think you try to utilt a little too much as well. The move seems largely overrated, and a lot of the time in the videos you missed and got punished for it. It seems like usually you should instead either be usm-ashing or short hopping into a n-air/f-air.

Finally, have your opponents learned to DI out of up throw into aether? If not, you should teach them. :chuckle:

Top Bottom