• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my friend's falco plz...

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Don't double jump so much. You didn't get punished for it much in those matches, but someone who knows how to DD and read double jumps will destroy you for all the pointless double jumping.

Don't smash so much. You use usmash way too much, and the others should be used to finish combos, edgegaurd or when you propperly read an opponent, but you just smash into their shield way too much.

Shine more. Some times you seemed to be l canceling to shine correctly after your aerials, but more often than not, you weren't following them up correctly. Always lcancel to shine after hitting an opponent's shield.

SHL WAY MORE. Can't stress this enough. Idle is not something Falco should be, ever. If you're thinking about doing nothing, SHL instead. And on the approach, you just about never SHL either, so you're just not using the laser enough.

Solid foundation, just work out your bad habbits and you'll be well on the way to having a good falco.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Around 1:16, 2:11, and 2:33 on the first video, a dair or dsmash would have been wiser(you lost a stock from edgehogging around 2:37). When he kept on trying to powershield your lasers, I'm surprised you didn't try to attack him or grab him. Or you should've SHL low enough to cancel the whole laser and rush up and grab him. The double jumps would've cost you a lot if your opponent can punish it proficiently. Grabing the Ice Climbers usually isn't worth it unless they are seperated pretty good. I agree with Wesley, SHL is a WHOLE lot better than standing still, unless it's part of a mindgame that undermines your opponent(0.001% chance in this area of Falco, I think). Otherwise, your Falco is on its way to becoming better than decent once you knock a few habits out of your system, hands, whatever.

Top Bottom