• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy easy platform canceled nairs

Madcowdesease

Smash Cadet
So I've seen a lot of good luigi's (abate, blea gelo, ppa0) use platform canceled nairs to pressure shield and continue combos, and it's always been the one thing that I couldn't really get consistent at. I was messing around with jab/double jab cancel mixups on platform and I realized that if you use the jab cancel frames crouch frames to drop you have significantly more time to input the a/z button to get nair out without accidentally downsmashing/dairing aftering dropping thru. Now it makes sense why abate does the jab inbetween the platform drops cuz it makes the plat-cancelled nair input super ez.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
I mean, is easy either way. But with the jabs u can try to bait ypur opppnent to drop his hield and land your nair

Madcowdesease

Smash Cadet
Maybe my control stick isn't tight enough, but without the crouch buffer, my nairs are nearly always dairs despite me flicking the control stick..? Either way im pretty sure it provides a larger window for the platform drop input which is pretty nice.

Madcowdesease

Smash Cadet
you crouch for a little bit before you drop thru, but you don't need to keep holidng to drop, so it gives more time for your control stick to return to neutral.

ZEN 777

Smash Rookie
Appreciate this post. It helped my platform canceled nairs.
I believe that jab > PC nair > jab > PC nair > repeat. Is a true combo on fast fallers from 0-50.

EDIT: Should I use Z instead of L+A?

Last edited:
Top Bottom