• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

crawling d tilt

Verify

Smash Rookie
one of my major problems with diddy is that i often pick up my bananas when i dont want to. So i started doin smash attacks to avoid pickin em up but that approach was too punishable. now i use crawling d tilt and im having a lot more success since you cant punish that move at all. Crawling d tilt also works if youre already holding a banana, its the only attack u can use other than B moves. just somethin i thought all the diddy's out there should add to their game.

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
Er, perhaps if you're already crawling that may work... I would have to see a video of this, however.

Why wouldn't you want to use your bananas? Hitting them in the face sets them up more actively than leaving them on the ground. Yeah, it'll mess up their advance, but only by a bit. Having a banana on hand gives you the opportunity to cancel an opponent's attack on cue.

A good thing to try doing when using the banana offensively is to cartwheel to pick it up again. (Dash attack, obviously). Also, practicing air-grabbing the bananas will help your banana game greatly.

Duggish

Smash Rookie
i play a diddy player frequently and i must say that keeping the bananas mobile and throwing them is key

when they slip on the banana it shoot out from under them, moving it.

so run, grab it, throw i at them to hit them out of their roll; the nana is set up again, and you can continue combos

banana slip > banana toss > running a > up smash

and then you bananas are keeping up with your advance as opposed to being useless on the other side.

Verify

Smash Rookie
there are a lot of times when i dont wanna pick up my bananas. very often when im in close range situations i find myself standing over my banana and trying to do a tilt attack and end up grabbing my own banana then getting socked because of the time wasted picking it up. I also very often hit someone with a cartwheel but picked up a banana on the way in so i cant follow up with an air attack, up tilt/smash like i normally would cause im stuck having to throw the **** banana away. So I've figured out ways to keep this from happening. Plus it only takes a split second to start crawling. And being able to d tilt while holding a banana is a decent option to avoid being predictable with ur banana throws.

Top Bottom