• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CRASH COURSE: Levin Sword and the C-Stick

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Video for the visual:

Crash Course on Levin Sword use, with new C stick directions in green.

While your levin sword is equipped, either from it just regenerating or previously using a smash attack or aerial, ANY directional aerial is ALWAYS a smash levin version. It doesn't matter if you input a tilt, it'll be a smash levin version.

However, you can let robin de-equip the levin sword by waiting a few seconds or by using any bronze sword attack (nair, any tilt or jab).

While Robin is holding the bronze sword, yet the levin sword is available just simply de-equipped, you can still perform Bronze Sword directional aerials by performing directional tilts aerially. You do this by softly pressing a direction + A, or by holding a direction with the control stick and pressing the c-stick in the same direction.

If you want to bring the Levin sword out again, you perform a SMASH input aerially with a direction + A button, or by pressing the C-stick fully 100% to a direction.

You can also bring the levin sword out on the ground with a smash attack, and then any aerial attack input will be using the Levin Sword. Even if it's a tilt input - if the Levin is in Robin's hands, then any directional aerial will be a Levin version.

De-equipping the Levin Sword by waiting or using a bronze-only attack, and then re-equipping the Levin Sword by using a Smash ground or aerial attack, does NOT recharge the Levin Sword's uses. You always get 8 uses until it breaks.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Indeed. Was just about to post about this.

The short of it is it seems that, while the Bronze Sword is in hand a combination of both the control stick and c-stick in the same direction will product a Bronze Sword attack. This shouldn't be much of a gameplay issue for those concerned, since fade away LS aerials (such as attacking forward whilst holding backwards) will still work 100% like you want it to.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Indeed. Was just about to post about this.

The short of it is it seems that, while the Bronze Sword is in hand a combination of both the control stick and c-stick in the same direction will product a Bronze Sword attack. This shouldn't be much of a gameplay issue for those concerned, since fade away LS aerials (such as attacking forward whilst holding backwards) will still work 100% like you want it to.
Yes. Keep in mind the c-stick works differently now - using the c-stick stops the movement stick from sending direction inputs. So you have to flick the c-stick very quickly and not hold it for more than 1 frame to not have your left stick inputs nulled.

ShineAF

Smash Rookie
I posted this in the questions thread, but I think it belongs in here too.

Can anyone figure out how this works when the C-stick is set to do tilts? I might be able to test it later. I'll update this post if I figure anything out. I think tilts would be a much better option for Robin for so many reasons now.
For one, her smash attacks are used way less frequently than her tilts, and she really needs as much air movement as possible.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Are you talking about her grounded tilts? Because it's definitely the opposite in the air, where the levin sword "smash attacks" are the way, the truth, and the life. Anyways, just tested it out. Even if you set C-stick to attacks/tilts, you will still pull out the levin sword.

Honestly, just flicking the c-stick instead of holding it is not that hard. Granted, it maybe hard for those use to doing it otherwise. But a bit of practice can probably remedy that. I have c-stick set to smash and I have consistently done retreating levin fairs and bairs since yesterday, even online.

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
I would fully assume that using the right stick for Robin's aerials while it's set to Attack as opposed to Smash will only use Levin if it's already equipped.
Because tilts are really finicky for me at the best of times, practice or no practice, even with a GCN pad, so I want to try that setting out.

Kamikazu

Smash Rookie
Thanks a bunch for posting this, I was wondering about how to pull out LS and the way it would sheath after a while.
Helped a lot 10/10

Top Bottom