• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Covering DI in Up Throw Thunder

Lomogoto

Smash Apprentice
This seems to be an important issue for pikachu recently, as it would give at least a 1/3 kill confirm for pikachu. I noticed dashing to jump thunder can connect reliably as long as the jump is a backflip jump. This normally results in the thunder being b-reversed, but the important part seems to be the backflip that cancles the momentum. I can't think of anything much faster than this but i dont have someone to test that it combos.
Any other ideas for covering DI are welcome. Having all the ideas in one place would be nice, even the ones that do not work, since we can then rule them out more efficiently.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
at some points Uthrow will make Thunder whiff, in which case we should resort to Dthrow. Then again, at that high of a percent, we should just resort to Bthrow for a more reliable kill confirm.

Lomogoto

Smash Apprentice
If they DI forward on down throw we have no way to follow up.
Yes up throw thunder only works in a range of percent, but just about everything in smash only works in a range.
Back throw is a great throw, but wouldnt kill of another 60+ percent after up throw throws too high

Top Bottom