• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Courtesy and treatment of on-going panel discussions (PLEASE READ!)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I wanted to point this out, and make sure that we all are aware that we appreciate the lucario community for putting together questions and pulling their weight. There's one more favor to ask of these: when the actual panel discussions are made, do not
1. Flame or criticize the given information: It is tactical, it is not the end-all, negate whatever either person can do. These people have put time and in some ways their reputation/security of opinion by giving their opinion and scope of the topic. You can provide constructive information, but be aware that this is all a tactical standpoint; nothing is certain, and nothing is going to settle in everyone's mental gullet correctly. The words are the way they are, you are more than welcome to comment/give some sort of concern, but put it in a constructive manner. You are getting some pretty fantastic information, but remember, they're people too. (I'm sure a lot of people remember knowledgeable people leaving discussions/the board entirely in a huff because people theorycrafted everything they said to death).
2. Don't be surprised if your question isn't answered to the particular panel member: Sometimes time constraint, lack of knowledge on the subject, or other reasons can prevent all questions being answered (for example, some play in regions where they keep close eye on planking/stalling methods, where some like mine are very liberal in ways of ruleset). Usually questions will either be lumped for a "second helping", or be passed to another board member.
3. Don't spam these things. Seriously, remember what this is, tactical discussion.
4. I might put up a debate/discussion thread specifically for pseudo "vent" purposes if information is radical for too many, and that will be where people can attempt to constructively and systematically drive their points across. It will essentially act as a semi-productive "complaint/debate" thread, but I'll only put it up if it gets too heated in the comment section of the threads.
5. Similar to the first rule, but I might also include professionals who've played against lucario a lot and they're take on what to do/what they'd do. Again, if you disagree, be constructive and highly respectful, this is an ambitious project, and you wouldn't want to make Phil sad, now would you? ;_:

I'm sorry if this sounds elitist/exclusionary, but I feel we need to treat these threads a little differently, so that we can all in turn benefit from the untampered knowledge that is emitted. Glean all you can, and hope you enjoy what you hear from the interviews!

Top Bottom