• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Couple of suggestions for The Legend of Zelda characters and stages.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
Young Link should return with Majora's Mask looks...and a Majora's Mask move. Here are the special moves

Young Link:
- B: Fire Arrow. The same.
- >B: Bomb. Same Bomb attack he's always used, except on a different button and with more damage.
- ^B: Spin Attack. The same.
- vB: Deku Mask. Young Link will transform into Deku Link.

Deku Link:
- B: Bubble Shot. The bubble attack, a weaker version of the arrow.
- >B: Deku Nut. It doesn't do much damage, but it stuns.
- ^B: Deku Flower. Shoots up. Pressing B in the middle of the move will have Deku Link drop a Deku Nut.
- vB: Goron Mask. Deku Link will transform into Goron Link.

Goron Link:
- B: Goron Curl. The rolling move, it builds power over time until a spiked Goron Link zooms across the stage.
- >B: Goron Back. The third hit in Goron Link's three hit combo, where he thrusts his rocky back at the enemy. Due to the ripple effect on the screen, this could be called Goron Fart...
- ^B: Goron Pound. A bit like Kirby's ^B move Final Cutter in that Goron Link leaps up, damaging enemies, but still does damage to them if he lands on them.
- vB: Zora Mask. Goron Link will transform into Zora Link.

Zora Link:
- B: Boomerang Attack. Zora Link fires his fins as boomerangs.
- >B: Electric Eel: Zora Link dashes as if swimming with an electrical barrier around him.
- ^B: Dolphin Leap: Zora Link leaps up, looking as if he were swimming.
- vB: Fierce Deity Mask. Zora Link transforms into Fierce Deity Link.

Fierce Deity Link:
- vB: Remove Mask: Fierce Deity Link turns into Young Link.

Dunno about his other moves, I haven't played as him in Majora's Mask (wish I had). Someone please give me some suggestions.

And Young Link's stage is the Moon Prairie. It starts on the Moon with one tree in the middle. After ten seconds, however, the Twinmold's Remains mask flashes up in front of the screen and the stage changes to the Link Dungeon for ten seconds. Then a picture of the Moon flashes up on the screen and the stage goes back to the Moon. Then the Odolwa's Remains mask flashes up in front of the screen and there's the Deku Dungeon. Then the Moon, then the Goht's Remains and the Goron Dungeon, then the Moon again, then the Gyorg's Remains and the Zora Dungeon, then the Moon again. Finally, Majora's Mask flashes up on the screen and the fighters are transported to the arena where Majora in all three incarnations is fought. Then the Moon, and the cycle begins again.

The major character suggestion out of the way, I think Link should be changed to suit his Twilight Princess incarnation more. Such as his three hit combo is the three hit combo you do in Twilight Princess when standing still and not targeting. Also, Double Sword Slice (side smash) would be replaced with one of Jump Strike. And when doing a rolling dodge around an enemy, Back Slice would be available by pressing A. Sword Plant would have its name changed to Ending Blow. Also, when Link has absolutely no damage, Spin Attack would be replaced with Great Spin, a much more powerful version.

Link - Special Moves:
- B: Hero's Bow. The same.
- >B: Gale Boomerang/Bomb. Whichever move is more useful. The other won't be used. The Gale Boomerang can drag people in and the Bomb has the same changes as with Young Link.
- ^B: Spin Attack/Great Spin. The same, except Great Spin is much more powerful.
- vB: Wolf Transform: Link will transform into Wolf Link.

As for Wolf Link's moves, I don't know. As for their stage, the Bridge of Eldin would be quite cool, or one of the open areas in the Goron Mines. Maybe the Sacred Grove.

Ganondorf should make it back too. With a sword. That sword from Twilight Princess. Not sure about moves though.

What do you think?

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree heavily in a lot of accounts. I'd prefer YL to take much more of a WW/Minish Cap appearance than MM. Not to mention having that whole mask deal would mean YL would be 4 characters in one, which means a lot less characters in other places. Time for character programming iis limited, you know. I wouldn't like to have YL hogging it.

Oh, and Link transforming into Wolf Link is... well, suffice to say I'd be willing to bet good money it's not gonna happen. If Wolf Link appears, it will be as Midna's mount and meatshield, nothing else.

About the stages, I'd prefer Twilight Palace as a stage. I'm really hoping it will be one of the stages in the game (probably Midna's) because it could be both very practical for fighting, and visually stunning, with the light of the light spheres and the cascades of dark matter intermingling in the background before the Twilight Realm's hazy, aurora-like sky. I'd say it would be better as a TP stage than Goron Mines or your other TP suggestions. Though Sacred Grove also isn't bad, due to Saria's song and the possibility of a Skull Kid cameo.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, the Palace of Twilight would be good, but as Midna/Wolf Link's stage. Meaning if they are separate characters, Link needs a different stage. As for Young Link, I reckon the transformations are all cool, but I don't quite care about any of them not making it EXCEPT Fierce Deity Link. Fierce Deity Link would be awesome.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
thats not spamin thats a legitimate comment in regards to this person's confusing moveset. oh and one more thing

YOU DON'T SPAM

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
yea clark jables is right ur tellin people not to spam but ur given urself easy posts wen u put sumthin like .... dont spam.... xP gg and also i see u put alot of thought into the skillz i say that bcuz i mean look u wrote everything down lol xPP funny stuff but awsome also

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
oh and for dolphine leap change it to free willy. link jumps over a little asian boy and then body slams the person closest to him

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Victoria, Australia. We have Strikers already! For
Don't double post. Your Down B move idea would be annoying and confusing, to get to the different type of Link that you want to use you would concede alot of damage. It seems like you played some Zelda games and then compiled this abomination of a moveset.

EDIT: And this is not spam.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree heavily in a lot of accounts. I'd prefer YL to take much more of a WW/Minish Cap appearance than MM. Not to mention having that whole mask deal would mean YL would be 4 characters in one, which means a lot less characters in other places. Time for character programming iis limited, you know. I wouldn't like to have YL hogging it.

Oh, and Link transforming into Wolf Link is... well, suffice to say I'd be willing to bet good money it's not gonna happen. If Wolf Link appears, it will be as Midna's mount and meatshield, nothing else.

About the stages, I'd prefer Twilight Palace as a stage. I'm really hoping it will be one of the stages in the game (probably Midna's) because it could be both very practical for fighting, and visually stunning, with the light of the light spheres and the cascades of dark matter intermingling in the background before the Twilight Realm's hazy, aurora-like sky. I'd say it would be better as a TP stage than Goron Mines or your other TP suggestions. Though Sacred Grove also isn't bad, due to Saria's song and the possibility of a Skull Kid cameo.
I completely agree!
Especially on the Twilight Palace stage, it would be really awesome! Plus the perfect stage for Midna, if she is playable, hich I really hope!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Yes, technically the cartoony WW/Minish Cap/Four Swords is Young Link's official look now, so that's the way he'd have to be.
For movesets, I'd stick my mine from my sig, but that's just my opinion.

And can someone explain to me why the LoZ music on the smash site is an Ocarina of Time medley? Zelda and Link, the only two LoZ characters so far, are both Twilight Princess style. To be honest, I'm tired of Ocarina of Time, it doesn't deserve THIS much credit.

Top Bottom