• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpicks

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Battlefield's my favorite stage in the game, so I always go there. A lot of players / chars have more difficult times with its edge, but Sheik doesn't. And it is easier to edge guard there, since the edge is so precise. It's the perfect spacing for me, that whole stage. I just love it.

brickman

Smash Lord
Counterpicking is based on character match ups so it is hard to say.

Personally, I find fountain of dream very accomidating against falco/fox.

Also I would agree with Battlefield because it has very strange edges for space animals. Often times if they do not do the over b at the correct height they will simply fall to their death.

I do like fountain of dreams for quick run off ff fairs l cancel grabs.

Plus it is just pretty.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Since it is really character dependent, I'll say what I like against each character.

Fox: Battlefield/Pokemon Stadium/Fountain of Dreams
Falco: Battlefield/Pokemon Stadium/Fountain of Dreams
Ganondorf: Final Destination/Fountain of Dreams
Samus: Green Greens/Fountain of Dreams/Dreamland 64 (I know it's weird, but it works for me)
Peach: Yoshi's Story/Final Destination/Poke Floats
Jigglypuff: Yoshi Story/Fountain of Dreams/Green Greens
Sheik: Pokemon Stadium/Dreamland 64/Mute City (depends on opponent)
Marth: Dreamland 64/Final Destination

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Battlefield really is a godsend for a sheik... along with Yoshi's story... anything where sheik can constantly put pressure on but still have a few platforms and small deathlines= good for a sheik.

Edit: sorry just saw this but i gotta ask... Dreamland 64 wtf lol?

Ares726

Smash Ace
Dreamland 64 just works for me. I know that level pretty well, and I have a lot of success there. A lot of people don't know the ins and outs of it, but those who do know how to use it really well. I know it shouldn't work against Samus, but I've only lost to a Samus on that stage once. It's got plenty of space to get away from people who dashdance camp (CF, Marth, etc.). The platforms are too tall for Marth to fsmash through (but he can utilt through sometimes). It's got plenty of visibility off the stage making it easier to aim needles. I dunno, I just really like it.

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
If I can get away with it I love to pick Peaches castle against Falcos.

QFT. No more lazzzzzzzzzzerzzzzzz. Just the pillar, which is easily teched from the wall. Good choice.

I prefer to take marths to dreamland because of the higer platforms, not giving them tippers off the Fsmash... I also like to take Marths to Yoshi's Island. Quick pressure and not much movement for a dashdance intensive char. I also take CFalcon to Yoshi's because of the small stage. Small stage means harder time setting combos up with DD camping.

Top Bottom