• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

countering some basic but annoying tactics..

wonnage

Smash Rookie
I play against a few friends that do the same thing over and over. One likes to play captain falcon and ganondorf, his favorite thing to do is spam dairs and knees/fairs, then l cancel and roll away. When he fails it's an easy shieldgrab, but there has to be a better way to punish his predictability. Another plays falco, and likes to approach with SHL into dtilt. Is there something better than just sitting there shielding the shl and angling the shield downwards?

Lastly, i've played against many annoying samuses. They bombjump in place and while recovering and spam missiles. It's hard to approach, since fairs and uptilts usually end up hitting the bombs, which ends the combo, and i can't get close enough to grab. Any ideas?

Schweppes

Smash Ace
Against Falcon: If all he's doing is spamming aerials, use either Marth's Jab, FTilt, or Nair. All three pretty much eat up Falcon's whole air game. It doesn't work as well if your opponent knows how to use grabs, but it doesn't sound like he does.

Against Falco: If Falco Dtilts your shield, you should get a free grab. UThrow into a chaingrab or UTilts, Uairs, whatever...one grab should pretty much mean death for Falco.

Against Samus: Double Fairs help a lot. This way you can Fair a missile, and then the second Fair can start a combo. Also, once you're on top of her, don't give her any room to breath. Lastly, don't let her live over 120%~. If she does, she'll be unbelievably hard to kill. >_>

Top Bottom