• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counter misses a lot

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Im not sure if he really needs this, but I think it would help to make him have more fluid of a design.
Pretty often, when ike gets hit with his counter, he ends up missing with the slash. If the vertical range of this attack was slightly tweaked, I think it would make counter more reliable and less luck based. Everything else about ike is pretty cool though, like him in this version.

Commander

Smash Ace
Marth and Roy both miss too if they are too high above their opponent when being hit. Counter isn't really something you should be using unless you see an F Smash coming your way.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i think the fact that it can miss is good since it adds the element of smart usage to play. It would be a little OP if counter hit all the time in all positions. That would just encourage spam usage. It should only really miss if you are like directly above/below your opponent anyways though. For me, i usually connect with it at least a good 4 out of 5 times I use it, which isnt really often consider the fact that a grab heavy game will easily punish you for over using it.

Kankato

Smash Journeyman
i think the fact that it can miss is good since it adds the element of smart usage to play. It would be a little OP if counter hit all the time in all positions. That would just encourage spam usage. It should only really miss if you are like directly above/below your opponent anyways though. For me, i usually connect with it at least a good 4 out of 5 times I use it, which isnt really often consider the fact that a grab heavy game will easily punish you for over using it.
Marth's counter is very reliable at landing the counter-hit, but it's not considered overpowered due to it's epic punishability and lack of combo conversions. It's mostly used to annoy Falco...

Top Bottom