• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could somebody explain these buttons/technices

HotelWaffle

Smash Apprentice
I got a 55 win rate in for glory ive been in 60's but went against better players and lost. What does Fair, U-air, Nair, b-air, d-air, mean? I think b-air means back throw but im not sure about the others.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Any *air word means ariel attacks. Nair is neutral air, fair is forward air, u-air is up air, bair is back air, dair is down air.

Last edited:

Pluid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pluiid
3DS FC
1435-4675-5379
I'm assuming you're new. This probably isn't the best place to post this but I'll help you out.
All the button inputs are done while in the air.
Fair = Forward Air (:GCR:+:GCA:)
Uair = Up Air (:GCU:+:GCA:)
Bair = Back Air (:GCL:+:GCA:)
Dair = Down Air (:GCD:+:GCA:)
Nair = Neutral Air (:GCA:)

HotelWaffle

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming you're new. This probably isn't the best place to post this but I'll help you out.
All the button inputs are done while in the air.
Fair = Forward Air (:GCR:+:GCA:)
Uair = Up Air (:GCU:+:GCA:)
Bair = Back Air (:GCL:+:GCA:)
Dair = Down Air (:GCD:+:GCA:)
Nair = Neutral Air (:GCA:)
This is my first online smash but im not new to series. Been playing since 64. Thanks for button input pictures. :D Ness's back air is really good.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Was :4greninja:'d. Yeah, these are pretty commonly used terms. When @ Pluid Pluid said you were new, he didnt mean new to the series (i assume), he meant new to competitive. terms included.

Top Bottom