• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cost Breakdown for my car heading to Pound 5

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
So, here's the math I've worked out for any GA people looking to ride with me to Pound 5:

Mapquest sayssssssss

About 615 miles. x2 for return trip, = 1230 miles.
Divide that by the average mileage my car gets (30 mpg) and you get the number of gallons of gas required to make the trip (roughly) = 41.
Assuming an average gas price of 3$ per gallon, you get a cost of 123$. I'm rounding up to 125 to make it divide better.

THEREFORE: cost to ride to and from in my car to Pound 5 is~
4 passengers: 25$ per person
3 passengers: 32$ per person
2 passengers: 42$ per person
1 passenger: 63$ per person

Now this is where it gets tricky- cut/paste from the Pound 5 thread:

"This is a very, very nice hotel so people have to be careful to behave themselves. The discount rates we were granted were as follows:

1 Person: $95
2 People: $95
3 People: $120
4 People: $145

No more than 4 people per room, per night. Remember the Hotel IS the Venue so if you get complaints and such you can be kicked out. "

Now we ALL KNOW nobody REALLY wants to stick to 4 people per room.
However, in an effort to play by the rules- here is the breakdown for a room for 4 nights:

4 people: 580$- entailing thursday night (after arrival) friday night, saturday night and sunday night (for the tournament).
580 divided by 4: 145$ per person in the room.

3 people: 480$- entailing thursday night (after arrival) friday night, saturday night and sunday night (for the tournament).
480 divided by 3: 160$ per person in the room.

2 people: 380$- entailing thursday night (after arrival) friday night, saturday night and sunday night (for the tournament).
380 divided by 2: 190$ per person in the room.

we can make this lower by having more than 4 people share the room with us

SO. If you ride with me and plan to share a room with me, here is the overall breakdown of how much $ you'd need to cover your share of the expenses:

4 passengers, 4 people in the room: 170$
4 passengers, 3 people in the room: 185$
4 passengers, 2 people in the room: 215$

3 passengers, 4 people in the room: 177$
3 passengers, 3 people in the room: 192$
3 passengers, 2 people in the room: 222$

2 passengers, 4 people in the room: 187$
2 passengers, 3 people in the room: 202$
2 passengers, 2 people in the room: 232$

1 passenger, 4 people in the room: 208$
1 passenger, 3 people in the room: 223$
1 passenger, 2 people in the room: 253$

So there it is.
People who have expressed interest in riding with me:
Dogysamich
Chaddd
XIF
Desu
TBag

Further details to follow as I get them. =)

Top Bottom