• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cortez anyone?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i am curious. if you have ever played timesplitters 2 or future perfect, you know who he is. if you don't know who he is, here he is.

although this game is a first person shooter, there are many obscure weapons he could use, and he has this device on his wrist that acts like telekinisis. plus, all the humor incorporated in the franchise would be awesome to see, as well as his catch phrase "time to split!".

i just want to see if anybody thinks this is a good idea. don't take this thread too seriously. i know he won't be a character, but what if he was?

(yeah, 200th post!!)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, actually, with the futuristic weapons seen in those games, he could have a blaster similar to fox and falcos. and he could have a flamethrower, a bat, a ghost gun, and many more weapons on that game i can't remember because there are so many and they are weird. so he could have guns cause they are not realistic, compared to snake who has realistic guns.

squaminator

Smash Ace
there's absolutely no way that he could e in. first of all, the games weren't nintendo exclusive, which means he's already behind on the train. Secondly, I think one guy thats not completely cartoony is enough for an installment (they already have snake), and lastly, Cortez isn't seen as a nintendo character at all. What i mean is that there are very few people who consider "nintendo fanboys" and Timesplitters fans one and the same. its a bad choice IMO.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
squaminator said:
there's absolutely no way that he could e in. first of all, the games weren't nintendo exclusive, which means he's already behind on the train. Secondly, I think one guy thats not completely cartoony is enough for an installment (they already have snake), and lastly, Cortez isn't seen as a nintendo character at all. What i mean is that there are very few people who consider "nintendo fanboys" and Timesplitters fans one and the same. its a bad choice IMO.
first off, it doesn't matter if it was nintendo exclusive, it just had to appear on a nintendo console. and all of cortez's games were on the gamecube. secondly, cortez and the timesplitters series is one of the most cartoony first person shooters out there. there is no realism in the game. i mean in multiplayer you can bit a zombie monkey against a mummy. how is that not cartoony? and lastly, do you consider snake a part of the "nintendo fanboy" list (i shouldn't say that cause my avatar is snake himself).

i told you guys not to take this too seriously. this is a "what if" kind of thread, not "this could possibly happen".

Rebel

Smash Apprentice
I love those games, they are #1 in my book of FPS and I would be incredibly happy if he did make an appearance as a playable character in Brawl. Seriously, he could own with that gravity psycho-kinesis arma attachment he has. It may be similiar to Mewtwo-but that's not all he would use. Like was said, the bat, the ghost ray possibly for stealing health....I guess that'd be a better item actually. But yeah-I'd love to see a Siberia level on Brawl, like Oblask Dam. Awesome idea man-never would have thought of it.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
I think Snake beat Cortez 2 the punch,..... which is 2 bad because Timesplitters is one the best games to date. Timesplitters IS an excellent idea, (deffinatly better than others i've heard), and just think of the randomness and diversity that could happen

MRMTDSN

Smash Cadet
I say no because Nintendo already has stated they don't want guns to become a major part in the game. Plus, it they add 3rd party characters they should atleast be someone people can recognize or have alreayd established themselves. Ex: Sam Fisher, BomberMan, MegaMan, Sonic, or Crash Bandicoot

homsar

Smash Ace
People, this is for discussing what he would be like in the game not if he is gonna get in. And if you must know Time Splitters is one of the most successful FPS for consoles.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I just found this thread burried hundreds of threads beneath the surface, and decided to bump it. I heart the games, so why not show my support? Cortez for Brawl.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Are you talking about the injector? The one that shoots the needles that unleash a deadly virus in your blood stream that cause you to swell up and asplode in a shower of blood?

Top Bottom