• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin Neutral B footstool into Down Air Tutorial

projectryoku

Smash Rookie
Came across this tech by accident while in the lab a week ago and decided to make a video about it! :D
Hopefully this isn't too old news, just finished editing this last night.

Breaking down Corrin's Neutral B footstool into Down Air Combo. Hopefully this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g57LIs73Wg

Enjoy!
- PROJECTRYOKU

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Will fair not fall fast enough to connect? Dair seems suboptimal compared to the possibility of fair>DFSfullbite.

This strikes me as a possible setup for the previously discovered fair>DFS which is rather difficult/impractical to perform because it starts from an incredibly unsafe fair as the spacing has to be close to the opponent.

This one has potential. Get in the lab boys.

Last edited:

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
this into fair strings instead of dair should work just fine! to the lab!

Last edited:

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
this into fair strings instead of dair should work just fine! to the lab!
In that case then this is a viable way to start up guaranteed charge bite kills safely.

So far in my testing with a partner one issue I've found with it is the distance necessary to achieve enough stun to run up and do this. I've gotten it a few times, but it's far from a safe move. I do think this is competitively viable due to the sheer strength of it though. Theoretically you could get chargeshot>footstool>fair>smallshot>chargedbite as a guaranteed combo from around 50% vs Sheik. Should be capable of killing from centre stage on FD and is much safer than the original discovery at least.

projectryoku

Smash Rookie
Interesting! I'll have to lab more of this stuff later and hopefully I can get something going with another follow up video. Let me know if you guys figure anything else out! :D Definitely will be crediting everyone working on this! :)

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Is it possible to get charged shot at the ledge, run pass the opponent and do a footstool into dair? As others mentioned, damage wise or knockback wise dair on stage doesn't seem that useful.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Came across this tech by accident while in the lab a week ago and decided to make a video about it! :D
Hopefully this isn't too old news, just finished editing this last night.

Breaking down Corrin's Neutral B footstool into Down Air Combo. Hopefully this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g57LIs73Wg

Enjoy!
- PROJECTRYOKU
I'm willing to bet you can get an aerial dragon lunge or upwards angled fsmash if the opponent doesn't react in time.

projectryoku

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to get charged shot at the ledge, run pass the opponent and do a footstool into dair? As others mentioned, damage wise or knockback wise dair on stage doesn't seem that useful.
I actually do believe I've seen someone dair off the stage before!

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
In that case then this is a viable way to start up guaranteed charge bite kills safely.

So far in my testing with a partner one issue I've found with it is the distance necessary to achieve enough stun to run up and do this. I've gotten it a few times, but it's far from a safe move. I do think this is competitively viable due to the sheer strength of it though. Theoretically you could get chargeshot>footstool>fair>smallshot>chargedbite as a guaranteed combo from around 50% vs Sheik. Should be capable of killing from centre stage on FD and is much safer than the original discovery at least.
If you are able to land a footstool after a chargeshot you should also be able to land a SHFF Fair into DS. The footstool is redundant here.

Top Bottom