• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corneria = Best counter pick for Young Link

Laijin

Smash Hero
Man. I rocked so hard on this stage at Smash Aid(Big Atlantic South tourney).
In one of my matches, I counter picked Corneria against a Fox player. Begining of the match, I got our percents equal, then I went down into the gun and camped there(Cause YL can do that). He SD'ed himself 4 times in a row trying to kill me. Its an awesome counter pick thats an almost gaurenteed win unless the stage decides to ghey you.

Before you jump down to the gun, please list carefully and make sure the gun is'nt firing before you jump down there.

Other than that, :o Its an awesome way to bring the match in your favor

Discuss:

Giggidax

Smash Ace
laijin i dont understand how ylinks shield can block the lasers.
when ur standing on the hot plate. itll randomly like make u explode

and lol, camping definitely isnt banned O_O but stalling is

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Doesn't the gun damage you when its charging? Are you talking about blocking that?

And Liajin this is is way 2 cheap lol..I think ill stick to counterpickin pokefloats cos its just so fun.

Laijin

Smash Hero
You have to go to the very back of the gun. Then you have to face away from the wall and crouch down. When the lasers charge up, his shield will block the lasers/the explosion things or whatever is attacking you.
Your opponen(Unless their using like Ness or something) can't attack you and will have to come down. This is when you attack them while their coming towards you and kill them. Its too good and its the perfect way to camp.

Its not cheap. Its called strategy. And if its a gaurenteed win in a tournament, then you have to use it. xD
Winning matches is better than being honorable.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I've heard that this technique is normally considered stalling and thus is banned. It's really no different from Peach or Jiggs abusing their recovery techniques to put them in absurdly unbalanced defensive positions.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I've heard that this technique is normally considered stalling and thus is banned. It's really no different from Peach or Jiggs abusing their recovery techniques to put them in absurdly unbalanced defensive positions.
But thats the thing. Its not banned and its definantly not stalling. Its not diferent than a Falco standing on FD shooting lasers all day long. All your doing is standing in one place on the stage. Its not like your opponent CANT get to you. All they have to do is jump down there and its not entirely hard to do either.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Sorry to say Lajin, but that camping technique does not work against all chars.
Suppose you were playing against my Pikachu. I could just spam the jolt(B) and you will get hit, and automatically turn around. Leaving yourself vulnerable for a charge up.
So it doesn't work against Pika/Pichu who both also heavily depend on this stage.

Gea

Smash Master
If you just sit down there, it is stalling and stalling isn't clearly defined sometimes in tournies. You will probably get a warning and told to cut it out.

Jash

Smash Lord
Nah i suggest not doing this at all. Fox can kill you like at 79% with an Upsmash in that stage. A ghey Fox can also just Reflect your projectiles, make you open, Champ combo you ALL DAY with that wall there, and....there you go. If you want to counter pick a stage.....pick FOD, Young Link will never die there.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
ROFL Nice strategy. I never knew that his shield could block that.
I'll try that some time. How did people react when you did that?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Sorry to say Lajin, but that camping technique does not work against all chars.
Suppose you were playing against my Pikachu. I could just spam the jolt(B) and you will get hit, and automatically turn around. Leaving yourself vulnerable for a charge up.
So it doesn't work against Pika/Pichu who both also heavily depend on this stage.
I said it does'nt work on every character. lol.

Anther

Smash Champion
that's actually pretty sweet XD.

Yeah it's a form of stalling and camping, but, yah. not breaking the scope of the game XD, Plus, if fox gets down there, link is a shine away from doom.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Besides the camping thing, is it a good stage for Y. Link????
He is my low tier!!!

Redragon

technomancer

Smash Champion
Close this thread, Young Link is too young to decide whether or not he's gay you can't force that decision on him.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
Close this thread, Young Link is too young to decide whether or not he's gay you can't force that decision on him.
lol (literally)

regarding the little strategy..

when you do that, its a nice way to show your lack of skill and how much of a desperate sore looser you are. but i guess if winning matters more than a whole crowd talking behind your back then go for it.

but

So suppose you do use that strategy. If your opponent stays up there and just stands. In all perspectives, you will become the one putting the match on hold.

In your defence, you can say that you are in a position where he COULD reach if he so wishes. but neither of you are obligated to take the offensive. So if your opponent doesnt move, he could say the same thing back at you, that "YOU are in a position where you could hit him."

On top of this, your opponent is standing in a position where he is clearly meant to be and you are not. and because he of this, your action will stick out as the cause of the stall. Hence, all fault is yours and your action WILL be treated as a stall.

a 'stall' is simply an action that brings the situation to a stop. the definitions dont specify, but this action clearly falls into that category.

but

Ofcourse, if your opponent does choose to come down to fetch you, the match wouldnt be in a stall and your victory would be legitimate. although seriously, in a upper competitive match, all players would likely know their disadvantage in comming down to you and so they probably wont.

oh

lets not forget, matches have time limits.

either way, i think that you are in a greater handicap than your opponent.

D20

Smash Lord
Actually, I'm fairly sure that The Cape got this tactic banned at an old MLG. If someone calls you out on it, you might get DQed.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Acually, I'm fairly sure that The Cape got this tactic banned at an old MLG. If someone calls you out on it, you might get DQed.
Seriously? Oh wow. o_0

Well :| I guess in the end, its up to the person on whether or not they seriously need to do this or not. :\ You should be able to read your opponent and tell whether or not they will try and attack you from down there.
Tournaments are usually not about showing skill, people generally enter tournaments to try and win. And they do whatever they can TO win(Which includes practicing techs, mind games, etc etc).

Bane

Smash Journeyman
I could get away with this in a friendly, but I've seen people chewed out in tournies for less... So i don't think I be pulling this in the finals of any tournie in the near future, but to each there own... It is a pretty darn sweet strategy, but it's walking a thin line.

Top Bottom