• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cool Ledge Grab Strategy

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
You know what else you could do with that?

Din's drift into bair for edgeguarding purposes. Much like a Peach throwing her turnip the other way for direction changes.

4tlas

Smash Lord
I've used it if I actually want to summon Dins toward me or get the momentum shift, but both of the above suggested uses don't strike me as useful. If I'm hogging ledge I'd rather keep Dins out for later, and if I want to edgeguard I'd rather fair because it has more kill power.

4tlas

Smash Lord
What are the inputs for the ledge grabbing strategy that requires rolling to the edge?
Once you're there, press down and to the ledge, and you should fall to the ledge. I do this as Sheik without rolling by crawling instead, but maybe my inputs only work because she crawls.

Protosauce

Smash Cadet
What are the inputs for the ledge grabbing strategy that requires rolling to the edge?
Roll to the ledge(it's important that you roll to the very edge), and very slightly pivot towards the ledge. This incurs your characters turn-around animation without dashing, which actually moves your character over the ledge, but then cancels the turn-around animation into a normal fall while still facing the stage. Then you grab said ledge. You can also input down and (ledge direction) to fast fall to the ledge. But if you mess up, you will either not grab because you are still holding down, or just plain crouch.

I'm like 99% sure that that's how it works. It's a product of the physics engine and how the game handles the turn-around mechanic.

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
Ah, so that's how you do it without the crawl.

I can just crawl to ledge instead of rolling and then do it by letting go of the control stick.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
set a level 6+ din's on the outside of the ledge, middle height between the ground and the platform, then detonate>waveland onto the ledge to set an orbital behind you, which you can then utilize onstage by recalling it on the free time between loops. use FW to disappear while it comes toward you to properly reposition the orbit's origin. :)

Top Bottom