• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Lag?

Artiph

Smash Rookie
Everyone was saying controllers make it easier to play, so I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a USB Controller. It works great offline, but when I play online, there's a .5 or so second lag on each move I make. This did not happen when I used my keyboard and it is really hindering me. Is there any way to get rid of this problem? Thanks in advance.

~Artiph

Artiph

Smash Rookie
When I was on my keyboard, there was no delay, so, why does my controller delay?

nesshero

Smash Cadet
there's delay on keyboard too; it's just easier to notice with the controller. try playing with keyboard offline and see the difference.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Yeah, the delay is very annoying. Sometimes it doesn't even register button presses and it really messes you up (although I hear it's not as bad on Mupen).

Artiph

Smash Rookie
I'm using Mupen, sometimes I get less delay on matches, I suppose it's the best I'm gonna get. Thanks guys, though it's harder to get a game going on Mupen because there's not as many users.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Find someone to play on Excellent connection type, or use /setdelay 1. It reduces the lag by a lot.

I don't understand why people don't all use excellent connection type. The default connection type on all the Japanese/Korean servers is excellent and there is considerably less button lag when you play on their servers.

Top Bottom