• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Issues

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
slight issue with my GC controller, its been making me **** up lately. At first its barely noticeable, until you use a character like Falco or Icees

The stick tilts on its own.

For example, if i try a chaingrab with icees while facing right, i bthrow to nana, then i want to Fthrow to popo. I fthrow, and WALK forward, but then popo turns around and it ****s up the whole chaingrab

and then with falco, if SHDL while standing, he'll turn around even when im not moving the stick, wtf.

How do i go about fixing this? i know i gotta open the controller, but then what should i do, should i clean out the stick or something?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
To be honest, there might not be anything you can do other than buy a new Gamecube controller. I have had plenty of controllers do things similar to what you describe; walking, performing attacks in wrong direction, etc. and I never got them to work correctly again.

You could always try cleaning out underneath the stick if you are able to remove it appropriately, or find something flexible enough to clean well under the stick, but I am kind of doubting it would do you any good.

EDIT: However, with a Google search, it seems like there is a way to clean GC controllers by using a toothbrush and water. Link

Good luck!

M-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, there's probably gunk underneath the joystick like Gatlin's saying. Try to clean it, and if that doesn't work then you'll have to get a new remote. If it's a wireless then it could also be a signal error.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
aw **** that sucks if i have to replace it D:

alright thanks guys for the info, i appreciate it

Top Bottom