• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Configurations

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Hey. I did a quick search and came up with nothing related to optimizing controller configurations. I was looking to change my configuration. If there is a thread already feel free to dispose of this thread as need be.

I am curious as to what configs other people use. Feel free to list and discuss the pros/cons of your layout.

The specific issue I have is regarding performing a successful dash in, retreating fair spacing game with more ease and without having to use the control stick for directing the fair (this usually ends up causing all sorts of misinputs like Bairs, etc). Is the best way to do this by utilizing the c-stick for all aerials? What button do you suggest mapping to jump? My friend uses Z for that and it allows him to not have to move fingers from a jump button to an attack button.

Also, does anyone else find it difficult to judge the pressing of an L or R to cancel aerial landing lag? The distance you have to push isn't really optimal. Is there anyone who has removed the springs in the shoulder triggers?

GMaster171

Smash Ace
This topic has been brought up multiple times already lol, but I'll still post :)

Due to the nature of the game, there is no "full optimized" setup for your controller. It really comes down to whatever you are most comfortable with. I personally use R for Rising jumps with Ness, x for WD, tap jump for all kinds of JC/waveshines, c-stick for aerials (other than nair obviously), and full press L for l-cancelling. It doesn't work for everyone, I know, but it works best for me, so its what I use.

Basically, just change small things until you either get used to what you are using, or until you are comfortable.

Top Bottom