• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller and CRV questions

sunburst777

Smash Rookie
Hi I've been looking into trying out project M competitively and have a few questions.

I recently purchased a used controller off lukiegames but found the controller to be too worn. The L and R shoulders either didnt work when i push them or require a lot more of a push than it regularly needs. I've decided I just need a new controller and have narrowed my options to the following

White official Nintendo gamecube controller (only non smash one i could find)
http://www.amazon.com/Official-Nintendo-Classic-Gamecube-Controller-Wii/dp/B0017KIBAI

Newer smash Gamecube controller
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Supe...eywords=official+nintendo+gamecube+controller

Do the newer smash controllers work as well as the others do? I've heard mixed opinions about these controllers and hoping someone can clear this up.

Also I've only played PM on my HDTV since its 2015. When watching tournaments I've noticed they use older TVs for less lag im guessing. How much of a difference does this make and do i need to get an older TV if i hope on competing?

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I personally have gone back and fourth between the new Smash controller and my old ones and honestly it's up to you. I currently have been using the newer ones and I've had no problem at all. If you were to get an older version get the white one because it has a 6 ft cord which was not standard on the old controllers but is on the newer ones. Also I would recommend getting a CRT because there is significant lag between an HDTV and a CRT.

Top Bottom