• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Adjustment.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I recently bought a GCN controller after a couple years of playing on a Wiichuck, and I'm finding it really hard to adjust. Are there any particular methods of practicing that would help me to get a better feel of it?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I recently bought a GCN controller after a couple years of playing on a Wiichuck, and I'm finding it really hard to adjust. Are there any particular methods of practicing that would help me to get a better feel of it?
The GameCube Controller is not the control scheme that I use for Brawl, but it does pretty much operate similar to Melee's. The main thing to keep note, however, is that the shields are no longer pressure-sensitive, which will make the L and R buttons less convenient to use.

Gea

Smash Master
Practice is the only thing. Play a new character and maybe it will feel a bit less awkward for you than trying to emulate how you normally play. Take it slow at first and just practice small stuff like short hops, fast falls. Movement. Ramp it up as you get comfortable.

Top Bottom