• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controler mod - can someone tell me if its legal?

farawayfromu

Smash Rookie
i think about modding the left shoulder button on my gc controler.
The reason for it is that i played with the pro controller since release of the switch, but due to the drifting issues of the left stick, i want to switch back to gc.
The issue with the gc controler is the analog part which detects how far you press the left shoulder button. On the pro controler you have digital input only, there is no in between, either the button is pressed or not. My main in ultimate is daisy and i trained like hell to get my float cancels down, unforunately i picked the left shoulder button for it... the main problem with that is that the shoulder button on the gc controller is first, way harder to press, and second, not as consistent because of the analog slider. Believe me, if you practise peach, these two points, are incredibly crucial, you literaly break your hands in the process, after i switched to the gc controler my left index finger started hurt more and more so i came to the conclusion that it might be better to play with a drifting left stick on the pro controler (i tried everything except replacing the joystick itself on the motherboard because it would require a soldering iron to fix it but nothing lasted longer than an hour) but it constantly messes up my ground float nairs and turns them into dairs or upairs.

The only idea i have to get rid of these problems is to remove the analog slider on the left shoulder button on my gc controller and plug a little extension under it to shorten the trigger distance to get the digital input, that would make the button pretty much the same as the one on the pro controler.

Do you think or know if its banned or legal to compete with a controler like that at a offical tournament?

Last edited:

farawayfromu

Smash Rookie
apparently ultimate doesnt use the digital press on gc controlers... and these kind of mods seem to be legal lmao

Top Bottom