• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Control Stick mod

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
so I finally learned to Sffjl on c.falcon but it feels like my already injured hand is getting carpal tunnel from hitting the control stick and going back to y to hit jump. I tried setting L to jump to alieviate this problem but L trigger is far to sensitive to short hop with. I was thinking I could probably craft some doodad to attack to the control stick and my thump to lot me hit all my aerials while keeping ergonomic comfort. This idea is not new, and I doubt something like this would be considered legal in tourney but I am curious.

Yeah I doubt attachments like this are tournement legal but it sure seems imba.
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-47781786952715/xbox-360-avenger-35.png

Last edited:

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
ah I use z as grab, need it for link play and jump canceled dash grabs. Well messed around with this for last few hours and I can finally say Im happy with the end reselt. Works very smoothly after a great deal of tinkering. Made from legos and a broken ping pong ball. Tested in game, pretty Op, prob illegal but oh well, work smarter not harder.

more screens:
http://imgur.com/a/KiY9j

waygu

Smash Lord
Very interesting, I think most people have tried to hit cstick like that without modding, props to you for working around the disability man.

If you found a way to make it either attach to a normal cstick or found something more official looking I don't think people would mind much honestly

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I just switched back to the control stick. The controller kept coming off when I went to dacus and I didnt want to super glue it on there. Im thinking I will just have to get used to using L to jump but man oh man it requires the most delicate touch to get to short hop. I guess these things are able to be learned tho.

waygu

Smash Lord
Yeah I just switched back to the control stick. The controller kept coming off when I went to dacus and I didnt want to super glue it on there. Im thinking I will just have to get used to using L to jump but man oh man it requires the most delicate touch to get to short hop. I guess these things are able to be learned tho.
You could do shield stop cstick short hops sometimes to alleviate the strain as well

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
You could do shield stop cstick short hops sometimes to alleviate the strain as well
Yeah I tried that, its awkward. Tap jump too. Nothing better than good ol x and y. Man that custom stick sure helped a lot.

Top Bottom