• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Control feels wierd :/ short fair only at second press of attack

SuperSalvo

Smash Rookie
Hello guys!

I have installed PM 3.6 and it runs correctly. But the controls feels really wierd.

It feels that my command will get out after one half of a second after i press the button.

For example in ssb4 i do short fair when i slide my thumb from Y to the A button on the gcn controller and holding the analog stick forward. I have really get used to it. I'm shieking without a problem ;P. In PM when i do this the char only short hops forward and attacks only after the second time i press the A button. The wierdest thing in this problem is, when i'm in the controller setting test mode you can see on the upper right the commands you press and it register short hop fair flawlessy and so fast like i will press the buttons. It shows "Y Jump" and then "A Attack" in the speed i press the buttons. Only the attack won't come out that fast. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Or is this the famous input lag of the HDTVs?

Narpas_sword

Smash4 has a 10 Frame buffer. PM does not.

This means, if you input an action before your character is able to do that action, nothing will happen. You need to time your attack correctly.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I've been having trouble adjusting back to PM after playing Smash 4 mainly since around the start of the year. I had no idea the buffer was 10 frames in 4 though--that's ridiculous. No wonder defensive play sometimes feels like a fast downward spiral.

SuperSalvo

Smash Rookie
Smash4 has a 10 Frame buffer. PM does not.

This means, if you input an action before your character is able to do that action, nothing will happen. You need to time your attack correctly.
WOW! For real?

Also everything is normal on my setup? Had Brawl the same 10 Frame buffer limit? And perhaps i'm ignorant, but what is the contra of having this 10 Frame buffer? Isn't it alot easier to play like this?

SuperSalvo

Smash Rookie
Where is the option? I would like to try it. Also I live in germany and i don't think that i will be so technical to compete in tournaments in the US ;P.

SuperSalvo

Smash Rookie
Is it technical possible to make 3 options like 0 Frame Buffer, 3 Frame and Brawls/Smash4s Frame Buffer for beginners?

Top Bottom