• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Conflict of mains

Marth307

Smash Journeyman
I know this is similar to my thread help-a-noob but I feel like the disscusion this post provokes should have its own thread

In the below picture is a copy of the 2010 tier list with a bunch of green circles

The green circle are all the characters i enjoy playing with A LOT so im having trouble decieding who i want to "main" I want to work on just one charcter before i start playing multiple sso please dont tell me something like "be a jack of all trade"

P.S. Dont tell me to main marth because of my username I've already had this disscusion with people<< consider this a thread rule!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Main Mr. G&W and secondary Sheik. So basically you can lose with G&W vs high tiers and not care, and when you have to fight low tiers with G&W you can be all "**** that ****, I'm going Sheik" and then proceed to 4-stock them.

Then lose friends.

:D

Marth307

Smash Journeyman
@ darkhart **** my life does no one follow the rules anymore XD but seriously...Dont say falco just cause hes on top of list either i really could care less about the tier list i just didnt want to type everyones name
@ icy....ROFL but G&W could OWN fox/falco XD
@ rhan Kirby was the first character i ever used on 64 so i love hims :)

rhan

Smash Hero
He's actually terrible beyond belief.

If you want to win without trying play Sheik.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Use your preferred method of jumping, then try moving the controller stick, only to see that he's in between two giant magnets.

Marth307

Smash Journeyman
Ok so i just tried that and your right.....ok so kirby is now off the list,why does everyone like G&W while nobodyy actually uses him?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
If you have a dog or at a friend's house who does (unless you use Sheik), you can spam taunt and make them go crazy.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Well, Roy is a good consideration. You know when you're play The Adventure of Link (Zelda II) for NES and you're fighting the bosses with Level 1 Attack? That's equivalent to Roy's sweetspot FSmash. Fortunately, he has t3h ph1r3 and has the Ken't Combo.

rhan

Smash Hero
Roy's difficult and isn't really going to get you anywhere..

Seriously stick to the characters closer to the top if you wanna win.

Play the character towards the bottom if you want to have fun.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Next is Pichu.

You'll be at death percent by the time you make your way to your opponent due to self-hurting attacks.

Mostly because death percent is at about 12%.

Marth307

Smash Journeyman
thats pretty low...i try to avoid using the self damging attacks but 12% iss like...2 attacks and i know everyone in this thread can hit me twice+1 smash XD

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hmmm so then Falco/Marth/Shiek?
Also why is roy so far below marth...there so similar(ish)
They only SEEM similar.

Roy's moves have very different and much worse properties, for example, almost every single move Roy has can be CC'd.

Marth's sweet spot is the top, roy's is the middle of the blade.

Also, Roy falls like a rock so he can't do the aerial zoning marth can.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, horrible recovery.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
And Luigi has to go to. Try jumping, it's like you're on the moon. Sometimes when I'm bored, I turn on Bunny Hoods and play in Slo-Mo. I use Luigi, double jump, go to the bathroom and catch him landing. Only he's on the opposite side of the stage because someone jabbed him.

Also even if you win, people will john when you misfire.

Marth307

Smash Journeyman
Thats what i ike about luigi hes...slippery i guess would be the right way to describe him plus hes green :p

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Falco, Marth and Sheik can also be green. And if you look, Dr.PP and Amsah both use green. M2K prefers to use black though since he's black himself and 7 feet tall.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
My friend has a theory about Roy and Marth. He believes that the game designers created two sets of moves to equally distribute, but accidentally gave all the bad ones to Roy.

Marth307

Smash Journeyman
XD i iked brawl but me wii broke back in 08 so all my wii **** is usless now :(
But still Broomers are awesome no matter what game there...Brooming XD

Top Bottom