• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

computer specs for recording

elliotnz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5906-3244
So im thinking of getting a computer solely for melee and project m and I want to record matches and I dont want the computer to lag, thanks

Last edited:

elliotnz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5906-3244
Pbtech quoted me $600 for recommended project m specs

Narpas_sword

can you build your own?
and better to go above the recommended specs tbh.

what's your budget?
Do you need just the box or do you also need accessories?

elliotnz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5906-3244
The only accessory I have is a LCD screen . I've never built a pc. my budget is 600

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

$600 to get you a full system sans monitor, isnt going to be anything radical.
better to save some more man.

are you only looking to play dolphin? or other games?

What was the system pbtech quoted you?

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Not bad , but where's shipping?
Oh I forget you're from NZ. I'm not sure how it will work out for you. Normally I would suggest a 4th gen i5, but due to budget constraints, you should probably go for the pentium G3258 processor + a Z97 motherboard for the best price/performance. Reason is that Dolphin is a dual core program so it can only use 2 cores, and it wants 2 fast cores. That's why Intel is preferred, and the G3258 has some of the fastest two cores, comparable to a 4th gen i7 when overclocked. The reason for Z97 mobo is to overclock. 4GB RAM would be suitable even though 8GB is preferred but because of the budget keep it to 4. For the graphics card the 750 ti is a good price/performance card but because of budget you may want to go cheaper. Dolphin needs a good cpu, not gpu like most pc games. A decent card will do you fine. Don't cheap out on the power supply, like many first time pc builders do. Find one that's at least like 430-500w and has good reviews. The rest is up to you really.

Last edited:

elliotnz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5906-3244
What monitor should I use I use I don't mind saving?

Y-L

Smash Champion
What monitor should I use I use I don't mind saving?
That's up to you, for minimal input lag you could use a cheap crt monitor, or you could get a nice one. I would definitely get the hardware for the pc first since that's harder to upgrade.

Top Bottom