• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Computer Problem

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
hi guys,
this morning when i tried to turn on my computer (im on my laptop now, btw), i heard the fans and hard drive turn on, but my monitor, mouse and keyboard did not. it was working fine last night. im not much of a techie, so i could use your help.
if you need anymore info or something, just ask.
thanks for your help in advance.

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
Sounds kinda weird, something similar happened with my old monitor, but I could fix it by unpluging everything and plugging it back.

Did you buy your PC as a whole? (with guarantee and everything).

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Sounds kinda weird, something similar happened with my old monitor, but I could fix it by unpluging everything and plugging it back.

Did you buy your PC as a whole? (with guarantee and everything).
unplugging the monitor didn't work, unfortunately. ive tried to reboot multiple times but still nothing.
however, my dad tried replacing the video card and everything went back to normal for some reason. im probably going to get a replacement since my warranty hasn't expired yet.

Sensai

Smash Master
This same thing happened to a bud of mine at college this past semester...sadly, I wasn't able to fix the problem for him.

It seems like you've found the problem, though. Quick question, though: are you sure it's the vid card? Maybe, somehow, it just came loose?

No...that still wouldn't make the keyboard, mouse, and monitor not come up. The keyboard/mouse would function fine....the monitor would probably be black.

Weird. I don't think it's your video card.

takieddine

Smash Master
It might also be the power supply, not giving off enough power to the video card. make sure the psu has enough watts required to support your card.

Top Bottom