• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Computer Freezes

FIREL

Smash Ace
Whenever i turn on my computer, it starts up but the when the screen, where it says press F2 or F10 to do something, my computer freezes at this point. I turn it off and then turn it back on again and it works normally.

Does anyone know how to fix this because it is pretty annoying.

Bobwama

Smash Rookie
We're gonna need more details if you're gonna get any help. Sounds like either a problematic HDD or a serious driver problem, but it can't be determined either way without more data.
What OS? (also, 32-bit, or 64-bit)
If Windows, try a checkdisk with both options enabled.
Next time this happens, go into Control Panel->Admin Tools->Event Viewer->Windows Logs->System Events and then sort by Importance, look at the most recent "Critical" or "Warning" type events and fill us in.

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
Make sure you don't have any usb drives/ipods connected. Somehow the boot order could have gotten screwed up and your computer will try to boot off those and freeze.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Make sure you don't have any usb drives/ipods connected. Somehow the boot order could have gotten screwed up and your computer will try to boot off those and freeze.
I had a feeling that it could of been the USB. Ever since I put it in and left it there, it froze upon boot up. I removed it, and its gone. But if it continues to freeze, i'll post.

Thanks

Venonat

Smash Rookie
In your bios,

look for something saying you can choose between these modes:

AHCI
IDE

Then choose the counter one of the current active mode.

Notice: Changing bios features CAN harm your system,
any changes i told you to do will be at your own risk.

Top Bottom