• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completing ryu's combo chart

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
Hey fellow ryu players,
I have been working on a chart for some time now that I have finally decided I need help with lol. In this chart, it is a list of ryus moves on the left that combo into the moves on the top (look at the chart for more info). It is somewhat near finished but still needs a lot more work and rows/columns. If you guys can help me finish this faster, then we can focus on the second step of the project I have been trying to work on, making character specific versions of this and adding the percents that each combo works, and finally leading to a complete exhaustive list of the best combos to do after landing a certain hit in certain situations. For now, however, I just want to finish this spread sheet. Yellow boxes are unknowns that I have not tested yet/ don't have the dexterity to pull off. Please comment on those boxes what you believe the correct label should be. Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18iAaXRQWt3Rsd_RId1uwZjtsZ160OFgDM_spxCIC_Es/edit?usp=sharing

Let's get work done.

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
In an effort to make it easier to respond to this, how about we make a system. I'll ask about a move or small group of moves and people say what you can combo into after hitting with that move.

Let's start off with something simple.

If you hit an opponent with sweet/sour Fair, on the ground or in the air, what moves can you combo into?

Last edited:

SonofCereal

Smash Rookie
I like the idea. I dunno about everyone else, however, but it's kinda hard to read. I don't really know what you could do to fix it but...gl?

Nifubias

Smash Rookie
I like the idea. I dunno about everyone else, however, but it's kinda hard to read. I don't really know what you could do to fix it but...gl?
Totes this, if we could have like a flowchart or something, it would be much nicer on the eyes, not exactly sure how to make it though.

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I can see how it could be hard to read. The way it is meant to be read is, if a move that is on the right combos into a move on the top, a green box is put in the intersection. If it cannot connect at any percent, then you put a red. If you can put percents that it works, please do. All testing is done on Mario/Marth type characters. Yellow is things that I havent tested myself. The light blue is special cases, like LDtilt-> LDtilt, where it only connects for a few times before they can escape, or like jab-> jab, where it's jab2 that comes out the second time. I will be working on flow charts at a later time but, as of now, I just want to collect this data. If people here could help me, that would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:

Nifubias

Smash Rookie
Back from the lab, pretty much every grounded move connects after any version of dair on grounded opponents except for FA and DA, not sure if true combo though. Tatsu %s are a bit iffy, and tsk depends on timing. I haven't tested tsk followup on account of DI, as I have no one to test with.

Top Bottom