• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Stage List

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Sometimes on widescreen, the camera on Rice Beach would get so far to the side you could see behind the background image, and it was green and black. I fixed the fog settings and added a grayish-blue background behind that so it won't be as distracting anymore.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=22694
One reason it looks so blocky is because I'm not very creative about models; the other is that Rice Beach comes from Smash Bros Crusade, where it looks like this:

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Edit: Good stuff libertyernie!
Regarding Rice Beach, I'll take your edited ascetics version and map it to the functional layout I currently have in the OP.

Roymaster803, that IS the Orpheon in this pack, just an fyi. Yeah, it's good. Possibly one of the most balanced stages in the game, which is pretty interesting.

Delfino is one of my favorites too, and I'll for sure have one eventually. Just haven't edited one yet.
This really is just a throw-together thing, first one we did for 2.5b, and for 2.6 we'll likely have a completely different set of stages (regarding the 'weird' ones).
Thanks for pointing out the FZero, etc. That's stuff I don't really look at but for sure needs addressing.

Edit edit: Also, some need heavy work. Peach C64, the Paper Mario themed stage, Green Greens Remix, PS1, to name a few.

Editeditediteditiejgisdjt;ematg.ds>G.d
I just read that there's a smaller version of SSE: Jungle in 2.6 now. Maybe the one in this pack will be unneeded, but we'll see.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hey guys, quick question, love the pack!

How exactly do I edit the SSS to replace the images provided in the stage pack? I can't seem to find a tutorial on that anywhere and it's baffling me. :confused:

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Yeah I'll be getting to work on it pretty soon. Just got back from some travels and dabbled with the game a bit last night, there's for sure a Complete Stage List revamp required/easy to do for this patch, and it will come.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Edit: Good stuff libertyernie!
Regarding Rice Beach, I'll take your edited ascetics version and map it to the functional layout I currently have in the OP.
I based my current version of Rice Beach on yours when adding that background. I decided I might as well adopt your changes, so there aren't multiple versions of the stage floating around.
Did you make any changes besides the width of the ground? (If you did, they're too subtle for me to notice!)

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
There's a horizontal blast-zone and PM camera change on that one too, as well as the removal of some visual obstructions, and the collision of the ground was extended downward. I don't know if there's anything else, but it's been a while since I've worked on it (or anything) haha.
It would probably be easier to import your back-round change to the version in the current DL here. Would you be up for doing that?

Edit: On the OP it says this, and I'm pretty sure that's all I did to it.
- Removed visual obstructions.
- Lowered vertical collisions to not trap recoveries.
- Shrunk the main platform horizontally to a more reasonable size in relation to the floating platforms and blast-zones.

So I think I just used the Blast-Zones as a measurement for the platform size, rather than the other way around.
All stages had edited cameras to PM-styles if they were wonky, but I don't know if this was done on here since I never bothered checking out Wide-Screen interactions. It's fine normally though.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Sure, I'll take the version in the OP and add my background to it. Then I'll post it in my BrawlVault entry.
Out of curiosity, what kinds of camera changes do you make when you have to change them?

EDIT: Actually, the version I added the background to was your most recent version. So you should be able to just take that one.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Thanks for the reply! It's nice to hear that something is in the works already and that you've at least taken notice to stuff being pointed out. It really is appreciated. Super hyped for what's to come.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
If the camera is exceptionally wonky, I just check out the overall size of the stage (from collisions to blastzones/where the main platform is/etc) and generally just know what BF/FB/PSs/etc have as well, and copy the camera data entirely from the appropriate stage for the one I'm editing. So I don't actually manually adjust the camera, and instead take a camera already in Project: M and duplicate it.

Publishing anything will probably be a ways away yet. I'm in no real rush to do this (haha), I'm leaving (again) to travel for a week (twice in August this will happen), cramming in Dota practice beforehand, have music shows to play, smash to PLAY whenever I get a chance to, etc.
Thanks for the welcoming reply though, I'm glad others are contributing, we're all in it together.
Yes, it's inevitable that I'll finish it, so it will come eventually. The time-frame is undetermined though. Could be a month, could be a year. (it took me 6 months[ish] to get a 2,5 list in a public place after all) but sooner rather than later is better for everyone, including me, so priority #1, get it done before PM 3.0 is released... at least I'd be better at doing it and that way doing it for 3.0 will be quick-and-snappy. hehe

Edit: Just an FYI
A few breakthroughs in coding etc, and a few of us getting together to work on the project, it's currently under-way as a Project: M 2.6 with both cBliss and CSEP working together. No 3.5.3 yet (it's still unstable/bugged) and no SFX Expansion yet (but likely soon as it's easy to do)

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Is there any way I can help as well? I have minimal stage editing experience aside from textures and replacing data like camera and collision data, but in general I've done a fair bit of Brawl modding (even if not high level) and would be glad to help the project move along faster in any way I can.

I also have Photoshop if that'll come in handy for things like editing stage name images or something.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
What is CSEP? and also could you guys consider the people that don't actually want all of the extra codes and such? i mean its cool to have 10 more stages than normal and 10 costumes for everyone but still, you guys should make one download with simple stage re-works and such, to make it more competiteve

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Will do. The massive package isn't for everyone, and it'll be really (like REALLY) easy to do raw PM2.6 with simply a Stage revamp once this bigger thing is under-way.
Glad you voiced your concerns so this could be answered. I'm sure others would've ask as well. :)

I'll be gone for a while (couple weeks at least), so don't expect it 'too' soon, but it'll show up likely before the big project since it won't involve much for art-style.

Edit: CSEP is a Stage Expansion pack. Opens the Stage-List to 78 total. One downside = you'll have more decisions to make. :p

As well, this Complete Stage List is completely compatible with both 2.5b AND 2.6. Just don't replace a few key Stages (Lylat, which is StarFox_GFFs etc, and SSE, since they made a smaller version of it so you don't have to use the one from this pack) when you load it.
Replace .rel and .pac files accordingly, but it's essentially going to work exactly the same for both PMs.
Hence I'm not going to bother updating this (since it's 'basically' complete) until I put the work in to make it worth-while, which means going all-out with Stage quality AND quantity.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
awesome, thanks, good to know you wanna make quality stuff haha, just to be honest there are a lot of ugly stages in the current stage pack you have, not to sound mean or anything, just being real man, hope you guys can keep on working on this stuff!

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Yeah for sure. Lack of care for what things look like translates into decent stages that are plain disgusting to look at. There are some 'ugly' stages in terms of game-play too. Even though things like Peach's Castle 64 are awesome, I'll have to do something to make it 'work', as right now, it's a casual stage with that quantity of shinans.
There's also a nicer (but quite a bit) looking version than the one in this Pack. So basically in every way, that stage is a good example of 'ugly' haha.

Thanks again for voicing your concerns/etc, always encouraging and helpful to know others outside the local players take value and care about having a 'top quality' stage-list. Even when it's simply 'that's really bad', it's worth mentioning.

We'll do our best. Any comments/suggestions/etc only help that get better. :)

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
Nausicaa, once I'm done with my stage (Which is in another topic, but in the same thread.), you can go do whatever your heart desires to make the stage more popular. :cool:

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I was at a Smashfest with this pack or something, anyways this stage specifically felt so shallow in terms of visuals, didn't feel right at all
I'd love to have this kind of thing int he backround.

Along with removing Mewtwo from the stage, as I foresee him being an addition to the game in another form at some point. ;)
Nausicaa, once I'm done with my stage (Which is in another topic, but in the same thread.), you can go do whatever your heart desires to make the stage more popular. :cool:
Keep me posted. I do quite a bit of browsing for things, so I'm sure I'll see it around somewhere anyway.

I'm gone as of 15 minutes from now... won't be back for a few weeks.
In that time, check out this thread for updates on the 'bigger' project.
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-complete-extension.339583/#post-15749967

Take care until then! The more suggestions/requests/etc on what a Complete Viable Stage List should consist of, the closer we'll get to having a proper Complete Stage Selection in this game (at last!).
<3

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Not sure, it's been a while since I looked at this. We're working on the Complete Extension which will have a 9 Stage Expansion on top of this (or something like that), so I don't plan on updating this again. A lot will transfer over, and a lot of other 'Pack Makers' are using stages from this list, so you can find other versions of the things elsewhere if you're finding an unstable version of a stage.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I've been looking for a good replacement for Jungle Japes, as they've all had this same weird lighting glitch that I can't figure out. The one in this pack doesn't have glowing platforms that go over the holes like the previous Nighttime Japes I found, but it has another problem. The character's lighting ends up really off-putting, as any time they would normally be flashing white, they seem to be turning into pure white blocks of color. Any idea what's up with that?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Have you tried the one from Cabarel's pack? I haven't but thought it might have been better. If that has issues too, I'll try working with it and figure something out.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Have you tried the one from Cabarel's pack? I haven't but thought it might have been better. If that has issues too, I'll try working with it and figure something out.
Yeah, I've tried both and another version from Brawl Vault. They all seem to have some problem. Calabrel's has the glowing platforms and the character lighting being weird. The one here just has the character lighting being screwy.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Well, I'll see what I can do. I was hoping someone else had a version so I wouldn't have to work on it, but fine then! haha
Thanks for letting me know about Caba's being like that too.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Well, I'll see what I can do. I was hoping someone else had a version so I wouldn't have to work on it, but fine then! haha
Thanks for letting me know about Caba's being like that too.
You and me both. I'm a complete novice when it comes to working on stages as the most I've ever done was correct the spawn points on Kongo Jungle 64, which I did earlier this morning. Good luck on Jungle Japes it seems to be a weird one.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Were they weird on the KJ64 in this pack? If so, I'll take a look.

It's not happening on the PM2.6b Jungle Japes, is it?
I tested it and it seems good, so I might use that as a base, or import some things from it if I find what's causing it.

Edit: This won't happen for a couple days, I'm leaving (like right now) for a while. PEACE

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Were they weird on the KJ64 in this pack? If so, I'll take a look.

It's not happening on the PM2.6b Jungle Japes, is it?
I tested it and it seems good, so I might use that as a base, or import some things from it if I find what's causing it.

Edit: This won't happen for a couple days, I'm leaving (like right now) for a while. PEACE
I don't know, I already had a version of Kongo Jungle. It might have been the same one you have here, but I didn't look at that one. I'll check it out later and let you know.

Edit: This game is weird. I just tried out your Jungle Japes again and it didn't do the weird lighting thing that it was constantly doing earlier today. I have no idea why, but I hope it's not a complete waste of your time to revisit this stage again.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I meant Jungle Japes in PM, not the KJ64, lol.

I'll check it out, or get someone to check it out. We shall see!

E_Tap

Smash Rookie
Edit: This game is weird. I just tried out your Jungle Japes again and it didn't do the weird lighting thing that it was constantly doing earlier today. I have no idea why, but I hope it's not a complete waste of your time to revisit this stage again.
I've actually had this same problem trying to use nighttime japes from Calabrel's pack, and thought I just exported the stage wrong, then tried the japes from this pack since I thought Calabrel worked with his common5 file to get it to work that I didn't carry over properly.

After trying this pack's japes, for several matches it actually looked fine, then playing a random 2v2 with Ness and 2 other randoms I forget, I had that same issue again which kind of baffled me. If it helps any, I only remember it happening to Zelda when she uses attacks with lighting particle effects added, it might not be much of a help since I think that's every one of her moves, but it seems to stem from certain character combinations, as using Zelda in training with a different random character like I think Wolf, there are no lighting/white silhouette issues. Pretty weird issue indeed, but the stage is still fun to use in the meantime.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
We did some some lighting edits for a coming CEP, so it should be good, or at least, even better.

Top Bottom