• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Connectivity???

nessokman

Smash Lord
Do you think there will be complete connectivity between the Wiii U and 3DS versions of the game?

Examples of what I mean-

The Wii U can connect to the 3DS and the 3DS can be used to control the character
(example Pokemon Battle Revolution) (could be used for 5 player matches)

A player on a 3DS can get online for a random match and battle people with the Wii U version. Where matches aren't exclusively 3DS VS. 3DS or Wii U VS. WiiU.

Sakurai hinted at the idea that the 3ds would be a more individual or "customizable" experience where you could hypothetically upload your custom character from 3DS to Wii U.If he does indeed do this, it would mean there will be some connectivity. How much do you think there will be?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
imo no..i think its best if the connectivity is limited to just like extra trophies/music/stickers/alternate title screen or even stages and costumes anything more then that like characters or game modes will just piss people of who dont have a both versions also it could hinder the games.

:phone:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
The 3DS will probably be usable as a controller (like the Vita and PSASBR). But I think having Wii U vs. 3DS online matches is a stretch. While we don't know anything about the two games, I find it likely that the 3DS will have some differences that would make such a feat impossible.

I also wouldn't mind having some exclusive stuff between the versions. Trophies, stickers, music, etc. are all perfectly acceptable, like Phazon said. Exclusive stages, characters, and gamemodes are more of a gray area. I think the 3DS will be getting a Story Mode, which won't be available on the Wii U. Likewise, the Wii U may get an Adventure Mode like Melee's, while the 3DS does not. Stages would be okay, I think. And I might be all right with maybe ONE character being exclusive to each version (Dillon for 3DS and Takamaru for Wii U, for example), but even that's pushing it.

Then again, I have a 3DS and a Wii U, so I'm probably just biased because I'd be able to get all of that exclusive content anyway.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The 3DS will probably be usable as a controller (like the Vita and PSASBR). But I think having Wii U vs. 3DS online matches is a stretch. While we don't know anything about the two games, I find it likely that the 3DS will have some differences that would make such a feat impossible.
I don't think it's that unlikely. I mean, If hackers can get my Wii/DS/whatever to communicate with my PC over WiFi, I don't think there's any reason that the 3DS/Wii U can't do the same.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I think the 3DS will be getting a Story Mode, which won't be available on the Wii U. Likewise, the Wii U may get an Adventure Mode like Melee's, while the 3DS does not.

Then again, I have a 3DS and a Wii U, so I'm probably just biased because I'd be able to get all of that exclusive content anyway.
I think you've got that flip flopped. Wii U has more space on the disc so it would definitely have the story.3ds would have the adventure.

Naw bro, people who call you biased are mad because they are losing the arguement lol

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think you've got that flip flopped. Wii U has more space on the disc so it would definitely have the story.3ds would have the adventure.

Naw bro, people who call you biased are mad because they are losing the arguement lol
Story mode really wouldn't take up that much disk space-or, at least, it shouldn't.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's that unlikely. I mean, If hackers can get my Wii/DS/whatever to communicate with my PC over WiFi, I don't think there's any reason that the 3DS/Wii U can't do the same.
Fair enough. I know nothing about the subject, so I'm not in a position to make assumptions.

I'm just thinking that, if the 3DS is "a more personal experience," it'll get a (presumably) lengthy story mode. The kind of thing that only a lone player would be able to enjoy. In the car, on the train, at home, anywhere. Something like SSE (although longer and actually interesting and fun) would be better suited to the mobile experience, imo.

lol, I guess there's that. The obvious lesson we can learn from this is that everyone should buy more Nintendo products! :bee:

nessokman

Smash Lord
To the contrary, adventure would be more fun as co-op rather than single.we know nintendo wants the Wii u to be a great multiplayer experience..single would take skill and would be better single, personal experience,but I digress.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
there might even make the story modes sorta like part2 or sequal sort of with the versions.

I see the 3DS Smash having content/features the same as melee.

Classic/story mode/all star or something else.

event matches and all the stadium stuff.

Hopefully the WiiU will have will have atleast
half as much more content then brawl did.

But if anything would you guys be gutted or some what upset if Sm4sh WiiU litreally has all the same game modes as brawl but just story mode wayy longer and better aswell as the online?

I wouldnt be really? When he said ''Quality over Quantity'' he probly was talking about the game as a whole and not just the chars.

Like pretty much the same ammount of content/features/modes as brawl but everything just super juiced with detail, depth.

how would you guys feel about that?

i would be happy but In Smash it always feel
like i want MOREE!! more modes more stuff thats worth while to do then just the obvious story mode and classic with all chars..

And plus if the event matches are watered down even more like brawls was to melee..it could get boring quick..as in as about the multi quick time.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Dragon Quest X players for Wii and Wii U are able to interact and play with each other between the 2 versions. It's possible for Smash 4, but I'm not counting on it. I'd love if you could play on special stages that were only accessed by playing against the opposite version.

A lengthy story mode falls in line with the philosophy behind the 3DS version. Cart size won't mean anything. What takes up the most space is FMV, and music. I doubt there will be 300 songs for the 3DS version, maybe between the two but we'll see.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Assuming that the roster would be the same for both 3ds and wii u versions, if you unlock a character in one version and connect it to the other, that character would be unlocked automatically. Makes sense as Sakurai said characters can be transferred from 3ds to wii u.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I hope the Wii U version doesn't rely on the 3DS version for any content. I can't afford buying a 3DS and both copies of the game...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Complete connectivity seems redundant, as the Wii U pad already has a touchscreen and motion sensor.

Top Bottom