• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compilation of Metaknight Combos

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Alright, I think it's about time we got a list of combos metaknight can do for the new players, since he has so many nice ones. I'll list the ones I know myself and I'll add everything that other people come up with to the first post:

Running A -> Up Smash / Up Tilt -> jump uair -> jump uair -> jump uair> fair / shuttle loop

Glide Attack -> Down Smash

Neutral A -> Down Smash

Up Throw -> Shuttle Loop

Down Throw -> fair

Down tilt (trip) -> running A / down smash (depending on range)

F.tilt x3 -> fair / shuttle loop

fair -> fair -> fair (works at lower percentages)

In a corner
: Running A -> Neutral A

At low percentages
: Up Smash -> Up Smash

uair -> uair -> uair -> Mach Tornado*

* mash B, lead them off the top of the screen, mach tornado's final hit sends them up and this will KILL PEOPLE, works very well because of the control over mach tornado and how people will try to DI out of uair. If they've already DIed too much to the side, just bust out mach tornado immediately and kill them

Sanjuro333

Smash Cadet
I like Uair, Uair, Uair, Nair/Fair. It's fairly effective on stages with platforms (Battlefield), and racks up damage quickly

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
For the most part, that's really how "combos" for all characters work in this game.
the thing is, Meta Knight has a few combos that should just be done...sort of like Captain Falcon doing dthrow nair in melee....it should just happen, and you should think about doing it....I got problems with using shuttle loop as an actual attack, because I'm not comfortable with the sweet spot, and i have better ways to end combos/stock, or would rather just drop the combo and start a fresh approachal. But yea, I mess up with meta knight a lot, sometimes accidentally fairing when i mean to uair, and it usually works out anyway. A perfect meta knight is ****, and an imperfect one is still a menace.

Sindel

Smash Cadet
Down Smash -> Glide (this works preferably on a level area)

Smash A Up -> Tornado (risky, can lead to Delay)

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Down Smash -> Glide (this works preferably on a level area)

Smash A Up -> Tornado (risky, can lead to Delay)
Wait, down smash glide? How does that work exactly?

Your mention of mach tornado reminded me of something I forgot though. New KILL COMBO ADDED!

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Is his Forward Smash even remotely useful? Or should I just replace it with Downsmash? I think I might just replace it with either up or down smash, if I wanted a smash.

What about down-air?

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
If you have the opportunity to land a hit with his fsmash, do it. It's got excellent power and because you won't use it often, it will retain all of its power. Overall, though, his dsmash is far more useful.

The down-air is extremely useful, especially for following opponents off stage, imo.

6footninja

Smash Ace
If you have the opportunity to land a hit with his fsmash, do it. It's got excellent power and because you won't use it often, it will retain all of its power. Overall, though, his dsmash is far more useful.

The down-air is extremely useful, especially for following opponents off stage, imo.
yessir. Agreed

Sindel

Smash Cadet
Wait, down smash glide? How does that work exactly?

Your mention of mach tornado reminded me of something I forgot though. New KILL COMBO ADDED!
1. Down Smash launches at high percentages and his first thrust of Glide will gain a fair damage percent.

2. Down Smash at low percentages is tricky but managed. His Glide (at flat land) will flip into the unsuspecting foe at a certain point if done correctly.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
1. Down Smash launches at high percentages and his first thrust of Glide will gain a fair damage percent.

2. Down Smash at low percentages is tricky but managed. His Glide (at flat land) will flip into the unsuspecting foe at a certain point if done correctly.
By glide do you mean his Up-B (Shuttle Loop)?

Should I have tap to jump on for Metaknight because of his Uair combos?
That's up to you. Tap jumping certainly makes using rising uaris much easier, but it's not necessary. The only requirement is that a jump button be held down while doing the uairs.

Since tap jumping can often screw up other maneuvers, try shutting tap jump off and setting your left or right shoulder button to jump. This way you can hold down jump and still have both thumbs free to comfortably do repeated uairs.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning on trying it out. My Lucas playing friend uses it for a Lucas-specific technique and it seems like it'll work in a similar fashion for this, as well.

I've tried doing it by holding down the X or Y button, but it's really clumsy to do try and press two buttons with your thumb at the same time. I prefer to have tap jumping off, but I don't want to miss the opportunity to use this particular combo on MK.

Edit: For the sake of clarity, I don't intend to use the shoulder button as my primary jump button. I'll leave X and/or Y for that. It'll be specifically for when I'm doing this.

xvxixrxgxixnx

Smash Rookie
Could anyone just explain uair fair and all those little abbrieviations. Im knew to fighters and im coming from ce. So i understand things like, xxy, bLb, spawns, etc... haha SOrry im just a smash noob when it comes to reading the forums.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Could anyone just explain uair fair and all those little abbrieviations. Im knew to fighters and im coming from ce. So i understand things like, xxy, bLb, spawns, etc... haha SOrry im just a smash noob when it comes to reading the forums.
air=aerial
smash=smash
tilt=tilt

u=up
n=neutral
f=forward
b=backward
d=down

the letters are prefixes for the attacks. so uair is up aerial, fair is forward aerial, fsmash is forward smash, etc. smash is all about attacks in specific directions :-P

Are you a halo player?

Sindel

Smash Cadet
By glide do you mean his Up-B (Shuttle Loop)?
His Shuttle Loop is what I consider when he actually flips. The Glide is what I consider when he first thrusts forward. Since I usually go ahead and drop down immediately once he first thrusts.

Another interesting combo is when he Shuttle Loops then dair. Then he'll delay and drop back to Earth.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
So you mean the Up-B is made up of the Glide followed by the Shuttle Loop? I'm sorry; I'm trying to understand.

Sindel

Smash Cadet
So you mean the Up-B is made up of the Glide followed by the Shuttle Loop? I'm sorry; I'm trying to understand.
Shuttle Loop mainly is he flips to Glide forward. Up B is what I consider his Glide into Shuttle Loop as it is possible to drop down before his second hit of Shuttle Loop contacts.

So yes, if that answers your question.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Yep, that answers my question. If that's true, I didn't know you could cancel out part of the Up-B. I think in general, though, the entire up-B move is referred to as the Shuttle Loop. That's probably why some people were confused.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Comments on Combos in first post:

Combo 1. Fair is alright but...Shuttle loop is almost always MUCH better.

Combo 2. Possible at low percents, but really isnt much at all. Glide attack to f-tilt or jab combo works much better (and jab combo to shuttle loop works great).

Combo 3. eeehhh...at mid-low percents i guess. Still, i wouldn't.

Combo 4. Yep. Use and Abuse.

Combo 5. Yep. Sometimes even shuttle loop instead of fair.

Combo 6. Your exactly right and exactly wrong. You should always assume they don't trip, and follow up with the attacks you specified. BUT, if they do trip, an uncharged F smash can work quite well.

Combo 7. Oh, i thought you meant 3 separate f tilts, lol...
Anyway, yep.

Combo 8. If they dont have good di, it can be a guaranteed 0 to death combo (use 5 fairs instead of 3). Thats my way of saying, ABUSE THIS COMBO LOTS AND LOTS.

Combo 9. Wouldnt a dash attack knock them out of the corner? I don't get this one at all...Instead, you can follow up a dash attack with an up b, fair, or even a series of u airs.

Combo 10. Works, the hard bit is keeping them in the u air chain.

Sindel

Smash Cadet
Yep, that answers my question. If that's true, I didn't know you could cancel out part of the Up-B. I think in general, though, the entire up-B move is referred to as the Shuttle Loop. That's probably why some people were confused.
Perhaps. However, Shuttle Loop can be stopped before the second direct contact hits. I've been tinkering with the idea that the entire thing might be able to go into aerial combos but no luck so far...

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Fsmash off edge, fair, fair, dair. I can pull it off, but it takes a horrid amount of jumps.
you're better off knocking them off with D smash and following up with a dair because of the semi spike trajectory. Usually following up with multiple dairs is good, but you can try to completely knock them off the edge with fairs, nairs, or even better, shuttle loop.
Even glide attack works (but make sure it's not your shuttle glide).

DimSum

Smash Rookie
I find combos with Meta Knight are just mix and match.
Agreed. There's a wide variety of ways to combo with MK, and anything works fairly well. However, I find that throwing his Nair in the mix at later %'s (90's-100's+) is a decent KO move. The knockback's a bit weird, though, kind of hitting in a horizontal-ish fashion.

Also, the most common and repetitive one that I think is used a lot is the infamous Fair, Fair, Fair etc chaser that I find is extremely effective and can lead off into some other combos.

Oh, and the Nair is quick and offers no lag time at all, so it can be spammed quickly in the air to rack up the damage at lowers %'s, so it serves another use as well. Also that quickness also opens up the path to pull off more combos.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
that mach tornado one is a really good one

the other ones can be DIed out of and it all depends on the %

its better to react to the situation!! you don't want habits of doing certain things when they dont work

but that mach torando thing, DAYUM

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
that mach tornado one is a really good one

the other ones can be DIed out of and it all depends on the %

its better to react to the situation!! you don't want habits of doing certain things when they dont work

but that mach torando thing, DAYUM
You're definitely right! It's most often better to just react to the situation. But there are indeed things that just work better in a lot of situations.

Top Bottom