• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive Sheik Footage/Discussion

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stItyZf9kkI&list=UUc8JKj5y6NVUd7RooLMvjdQ

This is a 1-hour long best of 19 set between ZeRo and Otori, two of the best smash players in the world. ZeRo showcased the potential of different characters against nonstop fast-paced Sheik aggression, providing us with an incredible opportunity to analyze her competitive aspects. For those wondering, Japan currently considers Sheik to be the best character in the game.

Several things I noticed right off the bat when I was watching this live:
1) Her stage-spike game with bair is phenomenal with the new trumping mechanic because it took what used to be a medium-risk maneuver and made it low-risk, high reward.
2) You can combo into Bouncing Fish which is also safe on block against some characters.
3) Forward throw to fair chain is very potent. From 0%, ftilt ftilt ftilt grab pummel f-throw fair fair is good.
4) Down-throw to Uair seems a reliable kill setup.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the VOD from the 9/20 TourneyLocator 16-entrant tournament where Denti wrecks face with Sheik:
http://www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator/b/570259722
3:13:30 for Sheik (Denti) vs Villager matchup
3:56:15 for Sheik (Aero) vs Rosaluma matchup
5:09:15 for Sheik (Denti) vs Little Mac matchup
6:01:00 for Sheik (Denti) vs Little Mac Finals

Contribute, discuss, or at the very least, enjoy.

Last edited:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Japan's view on Sheik makes Otori's choice of a main make more sense lol. Hyped to check this out. :D I only got to see bits and pieces while it was going on, but Zero sounded like it was intense afterwards.

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
Japan's view on Sheik makes Otori's choice of a main make more sense lol. Hyped to check this out. :D I only got to see bits and pieces while it was going on, but Zero sounded like it was intense afterwards.
Oh whaddup ralph, haven't seen you in awhile since I quit brawl lol. I know Lumi was playing you every tourney for awhile there. But yeah, Japan is all about Sheik and Rosalina right now. America is all DHD, Bowser, and ZSS.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Suuup :D Also yeah i've gotten that kind of thing with a few people lmao. That's interesting though. I can see why Japan thinks that about those two. Sheiks combo and edgeguarding game and Luma existing definitely leaves those characters with some potential to be explored.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
It appears Sheik's up air is a mix between her brawl and Melee up air. Every hit seems to link into the (like Brawl) final last hit which deals the strongest knockback. Without the ability to SDI, the up air is far safer to hit with all hits rather than having to just get the last hit in fear of SDI'ing like Fox in Melee. Thoughts?

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Those back air stage spikes turn me on.

Yeah, sheik is definitely gonna be my main.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sheik is getting a lot of attention in DFW too. Bwett was using her, which got Denti's attention, and now AeroLink is thinking about Sheik instead of Palutena now.

She's a damn good char lol.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik is getting a lot of attention in DFW too. Bwett was using her, which got Denti's attention, and now AeroLink is thinking about Sheik instead of Palutena now.

She's a damn good char lol.
I only saw part of the finals but yeah she is and the best part is they aren't even using her correctly yet! =D There's just so many times I was screaming at the screen for the decision they made and I'm a 2010 throw back! So once someone like Scary get the game heads are really going to roll until someone catches up to him.

I imagine a good counter to Sheik though would be someone like Kirby if he's still good or jigglypuff, heck D3 is also looking good so before everyone switch to sheik they should look into counters. Little mac was a interesting choice though as for the looks of things he hold a even footing with Sheik when it comes to boxing. Little mac ftilt especially is amazing for it's safe poke on shield, range and knock back but Sheik could of played that much up a lot better by not approaching or even not landing on little mac so damn much.

I can't wait to watch the replays of the entire tournament.

Last edited:

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
I can't wait to watch the replays of the entire tournament.
Here is the VOD from yesterday's TourneyLocator 16-entrant tournament where Denti wrecks face with Sheik:
http://www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator/b/570259722
3:13:30 for Sheik (Denti) vs Villager matchup
3:56:15 for Sheik (Aero) vs Rosaluma matchup
5:09:15 for Sheik (Denti) vs Little Mac matchup
6:01:00 for Sheik (Denti) vs Little Mac Finals

Adding to OP as well.

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
You evil man, I had to get ready for work 10 minutes ago. I'll watch all of it in 8+ hours t.t
Well that was hilarious, I got to work on time and waited for everyone else to 'come in' for about 30 minutes before I realize today not Monday, it's Sunday >____<

Village is going to be a rough match up in the future though, his camping game is legit.

Last edited:

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
So once someone like Scary get the game heads are really going to roll until someone catches up to him.
All of the harsh years....finally paying off. I was able to play her for a bit last week and...jesus christ..it was such a smooth transition with twice as much to work with. Its like the brawl sheik mains were wearing an iron vest to every match limiting their potential. Come to smash 3ds and that vest is off. I never thought we'd be on the defending side of a reputation for once.

Top Bottom