• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS "competitive" 3ds stages.

RagnorokX

Smash Cadet
If 3ds had freedom to have its competitive freedom and be able to have tournament legal stages, what do you think they would be?
I don't compete in tournaments, but here are what i think they should be:

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Final Destination

Available Stages:
Jungle Japes
Lumiose City
Ferox Arena

Any suggestions/complaints? I would love to here a Jungle Japes replacement, i hate the stage, but it seems the most suitable.

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
dreamlands gotta be somewhere on this list

RagnorokX

Smash Cadet
... oh yeah, i dont have the dlc. where do you think it should be, neutral or available?

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Well Anther's Ladder has a different counterpick so I would get rid of JJ and add in DL64. Other stages I would like:

Tomodachi Life - It's considered a lousy stage cause of circle camping (I don't see it though), Vertical KO's do well cause of the low ceiling, especially Charizard's and someone told me it's really, really good for Sheik but I don't have any proof of that.

Reset Bomb Forest - I can see the second transformation being a huge plus for aerial fighters. It also has caves of life but they can be broken apart and that enemy at the bottom can block KOs. The first transformation might be unfair for Ness/Lucas in the middle pit but don't fall in it, and it doesn't last forever.

Peach's Castle - I would like to see this, it was legal in Smash 64 and it seems like a decent stage. The bumper's not really a problem.

Hyrule Castle - This one is more of a trial run because I don't know how I feel about those tornados but I always like more stages. This one suffers from being big so camping can result causing it to be recently banned in smash 64.

Balloon Fight - Cause it would be hilarious. Also camping the edge would be harder to do cause of the wrap around.

Honorable mentions:

Tortimer Island - If the trees didn't spawn items when they were off, this stage would be interesting with it's random layout.

Pictochat 2 - If some of the transformations weren't as intrusive as they are, this stage would be fun.

WarioWare - Would be fun but the rewards can be too unfair

Wily Castle - Remove Yellow Devil

There are other you can do it with too but these are my more favorite ones.

Last edited:

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
... oh yeah, i dont have the dlc. where do you think it should be, neutral or available?
id say neutral but i could see the argument of people saying how it would be a counter pick or something because of the tree being able to mess you up alot or help you alot

but id still say neutral :p

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't like the idea of having an even number of neutrals so it should be a counterpick unless you include it with another neutral.

RagnorokX

Smash Cadet
improved version:

neutral stages:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Tomodachi Life

Available Stages:
Lumiose City
Ferox Arena
Peach's Castle 64
RBF

Is this better is this worse? what do you think?

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Tomodachi is definitely a counterpick. I mean all stages benefit certain characters but Tomodachi's low ceiling and unorthodox stage design makes it more suited to a counterpick. I think switch it with Peach's Castle but even then that seems kinda flimsy for a neutral stage.

Although people will definitely disagree with this list. I had a discussion about this once and everyone there but me and a select few were adamantly against Tomodachi Life.

RagnorokX

Smash Cadet
okay...

Version 3.0:

neutral stages:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Final Destination

Available Stages:
Lumiose City
Ferox Arena
Peach's Castle 64