• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

competetive smash ultimate practice

Aímerose

Smash Rookie
Hi readers, new on smashboards, old to smash franchise (: Im not all the way sure if this is where im suppose to post such a proposition, but: Are there others wanting to form a (lax) competitive group for training?

Ive always been above average in the previous games, but never actually taken any time to train or practice to improve beyond "fun competitive". With all the ultimate is making itself look to be (amazing!), im for once, looking to change that.

Any likeminded people feel free to respond or private message me (?) with whatever details you feel are necessary (: and or, please feel free to offer extra tips on your personal methods of practice, thanks!

icecooler

Smash Cadet
May have to take you up on this because im gonna have to learn how to play against bayo

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
I need to learn how to deal with sword fighters like shulk and corrin especially when I use close range fighters. I can't ever get close to them without getting knocked back.

Aímerose

Smash Rookie
May have to take you up on this because im gonna have to learn how to play against bayo
Ok, great (: though i do intend to play a few characters at high level (:ultbayonetta::ultpalutena::ultdaisy::ultyounglink::ultpichu:). Who are you interesting in trying as your main(s)?

I need to learn how to deal with sword fighters like shulk and corrin especially when I use close range fighters. I can't ever get close to them without getting knocked back.
Aw yeah that can be rough. You'll either need to get really creative to overcome it or find a secondary fighter that helps make those tough match ups less.. tough. Good things theres 70+ to choose from (: with that many characters its unlikely that anyone wont need a secondary

icecooler

Smash Cadet
Ok, great (: though i do intend to play a few characters at high level (:ultbayonetta::ultpalutena::ultdaisy::ultyounglink::ultpichu:). Who are you interesting in trying as your main(s)?
Im gonna main dedede and krool, wanna dabble with some more gannondorf, I also wanna try out pichu and probably ice climbers and inklings but once the game comes out and I can play the whole cast ill probably pick more pockets

Aímerose

Smash Rookie
Im gonna main dedede and krool, wanna dabble with some more gannondorf, I also wanna try out pichu and probably ice climbers and inklings but once the game comes out and I can play the whole cast ill probably pick more pockets
Ohh ganondorf is satisfying (: guess we cant really know for sure until after release. Could i message you?

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I’m down for training with some folks for Ultimate; I’m really not that good a Smash player, but this is too good of an opportunity to pass up on playing casually. I’ve been able to (barely) hold my own against some of my classmates who’ve grounded themselves into this game while I’m the black sheep for playing Street Fighter. I’m certain that I’ll learn a ton of info from Smash that can be useful in other fighting games. I’ve been looking at some tech videos that seem really interesting, but it’s too bad that the Smash 4 training mode isn’t as fluid as I had imagined. Oh well; it’s better to play with actual human beings, anyway!

It also helps how you’re a Miami player, OP, so if we were to play online, we’d have great connections.

Last edited:

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
I also wanna train with the group. I always main Pikachu and Peach but in ultimate I wanna change to Pichu and Daisy while having Lucas and Luigi as my pockets. I could never train online in smash 4 because of it's bad connection. I got teching down but I never learned how to short hop.
Playing in a group with real people would be alot more fun than playing with cpu.

Aímerose

Smash Rookie
I’m down for training with some folks for Ultimate; I’m really not that good a Smash player, but this is too good of an opportunity to pass up on playing casually. I’ve been able to (barely) hold my own against some of my classmates who’ve grounded themselves into this game while I’m the black sheep for playing Street Fighter. I’m certain that I’ll learn a ton of info from Smash that can be useful in other fighting games. I’ve been looking at some tech videos that seem really interesting, but it’s too bad that the Smash 4 training mode isn’t as fluid as I had imagined. Oh well; it’s better to play with actual human beings, anyway!

It also helps how you’re a Miami player, OP, so if we were to play online, we’d have great connections.
Geeez youre local south florida!? so convenient hehe youre definitely training with me for ultimate :p Any characters peak your interest? of course ryu/ken (:

I also wanna train with the group. I always main Pikachu and Peach but in ultimate I wanna change to Pichu and Daisy while having Lucas and Luigi as my pockets. I could never train online in smash 4 because of it's bad connection. I got teching down but I never learned how to short hop.
Playing in a group with real people would be alot more fun than playing with cpu.
Well if teching isnt an issue for you short hopping will be even easier to grow accustomed to (: just dont use the analog stick for it hehe. I agree a lot more fun and effective at standard

TaranTr

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post; double posting(please edit your messages instead)
Hi readers, new on smashboards, old to smash franchise (: Im not all the way sure if this is where im suppose to post such a proposition, but: Are there others wanting to form a (lax) competitive group for training?

Ive always been above average in the previous games, but never actually taken any time to train or practice to improve beyond "fun competitive". With all the ultimate is making itself look to be (amazing!), im for once, looking to change that.

Any likeminded people feel free to respond or private message me (?) with whatever details you feel are necessary (: and or, please feel free to offer extra tips on your personal methods of practice, thanks!
I'm totally on board, it will be really fun , i want to main : :ultpokemontrainer::ultincineroar::ultwario::ultkingdedede::ultpichu::ultmewtwo: , i really want to play high level in this game.

i know what you are saying, i use many big and floaty charactres, and sword fighters become a real pain in the A, for what i've tried is better to be careful at their areals and find the right moment to counter attack

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Well, I want to improve my skills too, since I still have struggle against level 9 CPU.

Aímerose

Smash Rookie
I'm totally on board, it will be really fun , i want to main : :ultpokemontrainer::ultincineroar::ultwario::ultkingdedede::ultpichu::ultmewtwo: , i really want to play high level in this game.

i know what you are saying, i use many big and floaty charactres, and sword fighters become a real pain in the A, for what i've tried is better to be careful at their areals and find the right moment to counter attack
Thats a great variety! I'll definitely try to get in contact with a few of you not long after smash ultimates release (:

Well, I want to improve my skills too, since I still have struggle against level 9 CPU.
Well practice brings improvement. Embrace the struggle lol

icecooler

Smash Cadet
User was warned for this post; double posting(please edit your messages instead)
Ohh ganondorf is satisfying (: guess we cant really know for sure until after release. Could i message you?
yeah my bad i was off for a little i was away for thanksgiving

Gang gang?

I can fer sure help you with some dedede play, not to brag but I slapped with him in 4 (a fair fight between me and my friends would be a 3v1) and I'm at a 67% win percent on FG and i basically only use him

TaranTr

Smash Rookie
Thats a great variety! I'll definitely try to get in contact with a few of you not long after smash ultimates release (:

Well practice brings improvement. Embrace the struggle lol
I’ll be waiting :D can’t wait to play the game!

vem

Smash Rookie
hey, im looking for sparring partners too and im in florida like you are. we should def play on the 7th

dunno if ur like me but my sleep cycle is completely upside down so i tend to play games really late at night. hope that's alright

Aímerose

Smash Rookie
hey, im looking for sparring partners too and im in florida like you are. we should def play on the 7th

dunno if ur like me but my sleep cycle is completely upside down so i tend to play games really late at night. hope that's alright
Thats great :D But yeah im sure days can be arranged for late night no worries! (:

DarkPrinceTAB

Smash Rookie
Yo, Im looking for some sparring partners as well, I am in California but I will be play first thing on the 7th! If you all are down, I would love to join the sparring group!

ziadie

Smash Rookie
Hi! Im a local from miami and def looking for a lab partner for online or lan. I know a bit about the competive scene down here too.
Feel free to DM me.

TripBug

Smash Rookie
Tn here eagerly looking for training partners! Do you have a discord going? I would love to cycles through characters with people. A few matches just to be experimental with characters to see if I should go anywhere with them and then some matches with characters I play on a regular basis that I already feel comfortable with.

goosie

Smash Rookie
if you guys created like a discord or something id like to join. i have dabbled in the other games but never really got to competitive. I learned a lot though. and I'm looking to actually grind ultimate and become good. In ultimate so far im looking at using :ultpiranha::ultmario::ultinkling: but probably more, since mario isnt super high tier anymore and inkling seems to technical for me. I feel like training with actual people would help alot with getting better since the bots dont really compare.

BK SAMUS

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9507-3538
Switch FC
5973-4525-5596
Am looking for people to practice with online myself. need to improve asap. anyone who wants to play and kick my but let me know lol

Last edited:

spookedya

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-8126-4461-5726
If you wanted, y'all should navigate to the r/SmashBrosUltimate reddit page, and join the discord server. There is a text/voice channel with a decent amount of people looking to train.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosUltimate/ <-- here's a link to the subreddit. Once you get there, check the sidebar on the right for a link to the discord server.

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I’m interested in this~ maybe we could look in to setting up periodic arenas/a few concurrent arenas? I’m in CST and play after 9 PM usually.

Holifox

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4430-8003-0646
Im interested in this as well if you guys would have me!

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Thats great :D But yeah im sure days can be arranged for late night no worries! (:
Well, this fell apart.

If anyone wants to message me or post your info, I’ll add you on my Switch. I’ll show up as Lion!, with a Blathers icon.

Holifox

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4430-8003-0646
Well, this fell apart.

If anyone wants to message me or post your info, I’ll add you on my Switch. I’ll show up as Lion!, with a Blathers icon.
My friend code is SW-4430-8003-0646
anyone else here can add me too! But im going on a trip till after Christmas(ofc im bringing my switch :D ) so idk if ill be able to play during that or not.

Aímerose

Smash Rookie
Sorry to everyone on this thread that were looking forward to making arrangements to play! Ive been extra busy for the last couple weeks and havent been able to settle into the game yet unfortunately.. Once everything settles i hope to hear from at least a few of you that are still interested and ready :4bayonetta:

EnkiOrion

Smash Rookie

Are you still looking for a group or have one? I found this post off of google searching for training partners haha.

Top Bottom