• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Companion to Bowser?

Over9000chainz

Smash Rookie
Bowser's a good character, but there are some MUs that are near impossible to win, especially Sheik. What's a good secondary character that can cover the easy counters to him? At least in For Glory, Bowser gets camped out way too hard by needles and other projectiles from all the way across the stage.

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
I've had some success against Sheik players. Shield-running is a good way to close in on a spacing Sheik. If Sheik rolls, punish using Up-B. Fortress out of shield to punish shielded attacks. Mostly, it's all about punishing whiffed attacks and using aggression against Sheik players.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
Sheik is a difficult match-up but it's only because you feel like a sandbag against him (or her ? I don't even know). Fire-breath and Ftilt are your best friends here and Though Guy can go through Infinite Jab at low %. She has a REALLY REALLY hard time killing Bowser so you can abuse rage effect all days.

As a "companion" (you mean secondary right C: ?), I would suggest a character that has a lot more movement speed to avoid getting camped too much or has tools to deal with that. Duck Hunt Dog, Sonic (not trolling here), Marth/Lucina, Rosaluma, etc...

Top Bottom