• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Commute or book a room?

SmokedCarpenter

Smash Cadet
So I'm really new to the competitive smash scene and since I live in NJ I figured this would be a great first tourney to go to. I'm exactly 1 hour from the venue so I was wondering if anyone can tell me from experience whether it is better to just drive and hour and back every day or just drop the 100~? bucks a night on a room. (split between however many people I go with, at most 3 of us total)

I'm going to enter the tourney just for fun but considering I haven't even mastered wavedashing and all that crap yet I'm really just going for the experience to see if I really want to take smash seriously or not.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Depends... If u make friends ull be able to hit up those late night hotel smashfests. If u dont ull be lonely. I would find someone to split a room with.

SmokedCarpenter

Smash Cadet
Depends... If u make friends ull be able to hit up those late night hotel smashfests. If u dont ull be lonely. I would find someone to split a room with.

1) holy **** that sig is awesome!

2) Yeah I'll probably end up splitting a room with my 2 friends cause i get the feeling we'll miss out on a lot of fun by not staying overnight lol

Spralwers

Smash Ace
book a room. if you were trying to meet and make as many friends as you could, would you commute to college or stay in the dorms? similar situation :D

xCardiac

Smash Apprentice
1) holy **** that sig is awesome!

2) Yeah I'll probably end up splitting a room with my 2 friends cause i get the feeling we'll miss out on a lot of fun by not staying overnight lol

We should meet up! We were talking on one of your threads and you seem wicked cool. I'm at the same level as you, but I really want to go! :D

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
It's going to be my first tourney too, hopefully. I live down in Maryland, so I'll definitely be staying there the whole time. I hope I meet some awesome people there!

Top Bottom