• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comments / criticism please?

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8795710126888272979&q=Dale+vs+Nail&hl=en

The Young Link video I had hoped to have out a couple months ago =P
The video at first was too large to put on youtube (it was nearly 1GB in size somehow o.O). It was finally put up on google, but something went wrong with it, and it was down for about a month. Finally, it's up =P (ignore the glare if you can, friend wasn't paying attention to the lights when we taped, lol)

Comment / criticize away!

(Edit : I personally don't like it...I thought I had played a lot better when it was actually happening, but when I watched it, I just didn't like it x_x)

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
You were pretty decent the only thing you need to work on is wavedashing and not rolling as much in fact ou realy shouldn't roll at all.

I know the feeling of watching yourself play. I recently recorded my matches with some friends and too me it looked like i was moving really slow although while playing I looked and felt so much faster.

The_Trap

Smash Cadet
The good music was a nice way of distracting me from the bad ssbm skills.

But seriously, at this pointyou can only improve! That's good right? ^_^

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
A very vital thing you should learn is short hopping backwards and pulling bombs out. When standing still it leaves you very to getting punished. Same for throwing boomerangs, peach can easily run in with a dash attack.

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
A very vital thing you should learn is short hopping backwards and pulling bombs out. When standing still it leaves you very to getting punished. Same for throwing boomerangs, peach can easily run in with a dash attack.
Aye, that's one thing I've been doing a lot lately. I hardly ever pull a bomb out while Im on the ground anymore (I only will if the person is off the stage / in the air).

Elaborate?

Na!l

Smash Journeyman

But seriously, at this pointyou can only improve! That's good right? ^_^
How? With 5 posts andwithout somthing to back this up...I'd say you're a poser

MikeMoney

Smash Apprentice
Switchblades- need to wavedash and not roll so much

Leethaxor-I wish we could have got those vids wanted to show all the Ylink player how cute my boozer is and how gay marth vs Ylink is lolz

Jash

Smash Lord
Hmm not bad, a few things though. #1, as PDOT said, you have to short hop backwards and pull out the bomb so you won't be open into an attack. #2, your spam game is ok but you have to see the lag into your opponent. For example, you throw a bomb at Peach *her especially* and shes stun for combos, what you have to do is instead of throwing a boomerang after you hit Peach with a bomb, you shuffle Up airs until you see her reforming out of her lag, then start the spam game again. #3, you have to move faster, if your not moving fast you make yourself look obvious all the time and you don't want that *especially not with Young Link*.#4, Wavedash, its so needed, you need to make it a habit because i cant play without it, Wavedash=Mindgames. thats basically it, you have a solid Young Link, all you have to do now is just improve your stuff and you will be fine. Good Luck sir.

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
didn't want to watch the whole thing...but don't use FSmash because its really easy to DI out of.....
try to grab a bit more...i dont think i saw a single one by you....or it could have just been me...

Bane

Smash Journeyman
It looked worse then it really was. The rolling and the standing bombs are just something we take for granted, we assume everyone does it and when we don't see it, out noob detectors start to go off. Three things will turn you from a young Link novice into a young Link pro.

1) Don't Roll to move around. Wavedash, or even simpler, shorthop forwards or backwards. Rollong forces you to land in a certain position that your opponent knows as well as you do, allowing them to chase you and catch you as you pop out. It also gets you stuck in smashes you would NEVER otherwise do. rolling should be a rare to extinct technique once other advanced techniques are mastered, (once or twice per match is ok, much more is pushing it)
2) As it has been said repeatedly, short-hop your bomb pickups. It protects you from attack, but it also give you better spacing to throw that bomb acurately, doing this will also help you from rollong as you won't have to make up the gound by rolling away.
3) Don't running-a a sheilding opponent. This never ends well.... EVER. You may get away with it sometimes, but in reality, if you're ramming that control stick over, never touch that A button if your opponent is grounded and lagless.

Do this, and you will be a lot better, you'll surprise yourself, I guarantee it.

Edit: THe L@wl is right, some grabbing (especially of the sheilded variety, would also be helpful)

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Switchblades- need to wavedash and not roll so much

Leethaxor-I wish we could have got those vids wanted to show all the Ylink player how cute my boozer is and how gay marth vs Ylink is lolz
MikeMoney - I see you put that sig. Yea it's too bad we didn't get those vids especially to see how gay ylink is against sheik ^^. And yea your boozer is pretty cute.

Switchblades - just work on the things we have said and your ylink should be set.

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
Basically you're been told so much things so far to do.

Wavedash instead of rolling, and I would use less fair... If you see you're going to clearly hit the opponent, then there are several movements of YL MUCH better: use more nair and uair; those are elemental.

In general, try to use all moveset of YL. YL is a character that has no useless movements, unlike most SSBM characters (Marth's Bdown out there?), tilts, uair with SHFFL come handy in many games.

Keep on improving!

Top Bottom