• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coming from Brawl....

GravyJigster

Smash Rookie
I loved Dedede in Brawl (Also PM). I loved his grab combos, his bair spacing, and his awesome waddle shenanigans.

Coming to Sm4sh, D3 is one of the characters I have kept considering. I still am shopping for a main, so now I want to give him a fair try. What's his deal? How do I use his grab and gordos? He seems like such a different character.

Basically, how do you adapt from Brawl to Sm4sh?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Your fundamentals carry over well...

Spacing and patience are essential.

Grab is the ultimate punish tool simply due to how much we can get off of it. It's overall still our most valuable asset just like Brawl.
Gordos aren't a traditional projectile at all. Rather than Waddle Dee Toss which can actually be spammed to a degree, Gordo is more of a pressure tool. It only takes a few matches to realize it's not spamable. Use it creatively and safely. The goal with it isn't to actually hit with it, but to force a reaction from your opponent. Or just put them in a tricky situation.
They may hit it back, for instance, but that could potentially open themselves up.

Top Bottom