• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comical Dedede Glitch

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290

So i usually play DK lately but i sometimes feel like playing Dedede because hes fun to use. This is a random For Glory match against a Sheik where i discovered a rather.....funny and annoying glitch with the Gordos lol.

Morale of this story: DO NOT SIDEB A GORDO! lol

Also i know my fingers are reflecting in the video. I dont have very good lighting in my place (all the light fixtures are in odd corners). It was either this or a fuzzy picture :p

Last edited:

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
I wonder if this is related to Rosalina's Down-B causing the same problem with Duck Hunt's exploding can. I think her Down-b also breaks the Gordo in some cases for DDD too.

Video was a good chuckle at very least. Thanks for sharing. :)

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Hah! I was hoping that it was gonna start operating as a shield.
Thats what i kept trying to do. I was hoping i could "stick it out" and smack my opponent with it even though it didnt fly out. Unfortunately that didnt work lol.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
That happened to me all the time before the patch fixed it. It was funny at first, but then it just kept happening over and over.
I need my gordos! It drove me nuts.

Really glad it's just a video now.... Least I can look back and laugh, finally.

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
Hey guys, this glitch is still possible, although a little more specific now.

If a D3 fights another D3 and they both toss gordo's at each other, the gordos collide, and then shoot back at high speed. Whichever D3 decides to reflect it instead of taking the hit or shielding, loses the ability to throw gordo's for the rest of the match due to it becoming a yoyo.

This makes the matchup 100% in D3's favor

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
This makes the matchup 100% in D3's favor
Hmm. This could actually become a dirty little trick during a ditto match with someone is isn't aware of this. :dkmelee:

Now that I know this, there is really no way the glitch can affect me, unless it's in a good way.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
This has happened to me twice! Once when I was on a team with another dedede, when both of our gordos were hit back at us, and I somehow caught both at the same time, but I only hit back one, and the other just stuck in my butt. The other time it was a 1v1 vs ganon, and I don't know what caused that one.

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
The ganon one happened because you reflected using Side B.
The other one happened because you hit back a gordo that collided with another D3 gordo at some point.

Gordo glitches are a thing in this game. A silly failed experiment

Top Bottom