• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comcast

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
So does Comcast actually send the letters for using too much data? Cause I've gone over the last year months, and they have sent nothing. I'm thinking it is because of where I live and because I haven't gone too far over.

spork985

Smash Rookie
They used to have a 200GB cap, I'm not sure if that is still true or not. I think if you do it once or twice you'll be fine, but if you go over every month by a lot, you will receive a letter from them, yes.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I will find out soon. I just signed up with Comcast for a really fast line... and I expect to use it... heavily...

spork985

Smash Rookie
The problem is that it's cable, with cable it's so much bandwidth shared amongst the users, so if you are doing something like peer to peer torrents 24/7, they WILL get irritated. I would be careful.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I really don't have too much interest in P2P stuff. I'll do large downloads and video streams, though.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
It has nothing to do with cable; I have Mediacom and there isn't any sort of bandwdth usage limit.

I'm pretty sure that it's only Comcast who has a limit, if they even still do it.

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Actually if you look around lots of providers have limits.

I've been over the limit like 4 times now, and they haven't done a thing, not even sending a letter.

The only thing I've notice is that my bittorrent got throttled after a while.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Actually if you look around lots of providers have limits.

I've been over the limit like 4 times now, and they haven't done a thing, not even sending a letter.

The only thing I've notice is that my bittorrent got throttled after a while.
Yeah, mine charges me a dollar per gig when I go over the limit.

125 GB per month bandwidth limit. :urg:

eNomineZerum

Smash Rookie
Suddenlink doesn't have a cap in my area but the recntly have been sending out letters that state the average usage amount per teir. I have an 8 Meg connection and average usage is supposedly 46 Gigs/month. In one day I ate up 5 Gigs on Live along. My brother lives on Youtube and always streams music. Add in the occasional Netflix and often times we hit closer to 60-70 Gigs. Its all accounted for.

ISP's need to get with the times and adjust their plans accordingly. I know its a hard line but with Netflix and other streaming avenues becoming more prolific something will have to be adjusted.

By the name of Zero

Top Bottom