• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

combos....

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
Does that term "winning combos" even exist?

The only I can say... take a bomb with you, learn to mindgame, and combos will come to you. Of course, don't expect Marth's combos... but it's another style.

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
Shiroi Ken does an awesome KO in this vid at 0:57 (I can take the link off if you don't want it in this thread)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lzjUvSv9ao&mode=related&search=

Use the boomerang for stun time and then Down Smash. The down smash is Young Link's #1 KOing move in my opinion.
Maybe drop a bomb and then dair could also work.

Young Link's KOing moves are the ones that are just one hit. :(

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
I wonder who's better at comboeing: Link or Young Link?

Discuss
I believe Young Link is. Link's attacks are stronger and that means that it will send other characters flying. But Young Link, can hit with considerable attack and combo well.

Forward Smash:
Young Link can assure 2 hits because the first hit does not send the opponent away. This can be linked up to boomerang throws that sends opponents Up
Link has one hit that sends them far and only gets a chance to strike with the other one at lower damage. A single hit attack that is used to punish opponent with their lagged moves.

Up B:
Young Link's Up B would be a great annoyer move but isn't great and can be linked up to moves send above you. You can vulnerable because the knock back is bad.
Link's Up B is a single hit and can be linked up to moves that send your opponents slightly above you. Unlike Young Link, you aren't vulnerable to attacks.

Bombs:
Young Link is very fast and can jump back and forth mobily and throw bombs that combo more than Link's bombs and can be linked with with a DJ Dair, Fair, Nair, etc. You can also throw a boomerang to keep your opponets up in the air for a Dair Fair etc.
Link can throw bombs that don't stun as long as Young Link's do. Combos are similar but he's finishers are stronger and knock back more.

Down Tilt Combos
Young Link's down tilt sends you opponents up and easily leads to a line of shuffles.
Link's down tilt can lead to a line to shuffles too.

Meh, I'm a lame Link/YLink Player so don't listen to me.

EDIT: Yeah, dicussion over

Chip.

you know what to do
Reworded discussion differently: Who's better at comboeing the fastfallers/space animals?

Take this small discussion in a realistic sense, not because you like one better than the other. I've been having a lot of mediating and debate in my mind of who is overall the better charachter, that isn't appropriate to discuss this right now. Let's take it by small steps in trying to find a solution. Since the topic is of combos, who's better at comboeing Fox AND Falco?

Sanc

Smash Cadet
I'd say link is better for comboing them, since his dash attack and downsmash send them upwards to be hit again by another dash or another down smash at certain percentages or even a few Up air hits.

Though combos aside... young links down smash totally dominates falco and fox ;P

Top Bottom