• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comboing with Fox

Eonn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirEon
I'm new to Fox and haaving trouble comboing. All I really know is uthrow to uair and waveshine to grap or upsmash.

What moves are best for starting combos and how do I follow up properly? Thanks!

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
You should try Falco, he's awesome. Seriously though, try nair, dair, dtilt, jab, etc. Watch videos of foxes comboing and it should help.

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Jab:
-very high percents (~100 on floaties, ~130 on fast fallers) sets up for upsmash ( you may have to walk forward or turnaround depending on how far they are sent from the jab.

Nair combos into intself or sets up a tech chase situation at most moderate percents. At low percents it can combo directly into a shine or grab.

Weak bair comboes into everything fox has, you just need to get creative with when and where.

Dash attack sets up a tech chase against fast fallers and is a launcher against floaties at mid-high percent. The down side is it is crouch cancellable until relatively high percents.

Dair sets up for shine as we all know, but against characters where shine follow ups are difficult (puff, luigi, ics, etc.) it can be preferable to just dair grab instead. Dair upsmash is also a true combo if done quickly enough but is countered by sdi on the drill.

The chain grab on spacies is essential.

Up throw under a platform often sets up a tech chase on the platform, which you can follow up with waveland>grab or just reacting to their get up with an upair/bair/nair.

Uptilt is really good in matchups where you want to be facing away alot of the time (spacies mu mostly, but some others too.) because it works as an anti air. It comboes into intself/upair/bair/upsmash/nair/platform tech chase all depending on percent/weight class

Down tilt is for situations where you are trying to stuff them when they run in at you to grab/dash attack/shine/etc. its has good range, and combos into itself sometimes on DI away. It combos into aerials on DI in.

Last edited:

LMN8

Smash Rookie
I would recommend watching top players such as mango, lucky, lffn, hax$, silentwolf in tournament or even watching their combo vids to see what they do and work from that. You should definitely be able to combo as fox because your opponents know your combos and how to punish if you make a mistake.

Top Bottom