• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo tips wanted! ;)

WithinTemptation

Smash Cadet
Ive been playing alot like Bowser in SSBM (and will continiue to do so in brawl when its released at this part of the world) and must say he has some major potencial at making a living hell for any char og player, if used correctly.

Now on to the topic, as a juggernaut like bowser, i see the biggest potencial of him is keeping enemies AWAY from him and gaining a spaceadvantage, and ofc brute strenght like a raming locomotion shredding a wooden shed, but do you guys have any nice combos i could try out? (Please give some for brawl too)

This is the package what i usually give if im sencing severe punishemt from a equal or superior head to head foe:

Usually some damagedealing like firebreating and simble A tapping attacks, plus som straight forward A -> Punches. When i get an opoment bashed enoug for flying i open with a fortress and follow up with ann instand jum A-> jab to send the opoment towards the edge, if dangerously close to grabing on, i use a downwards A Smash to send the enemy sky high, and if by god should he survive, try and plant as good as possible a jumping up headsmash and send them with a one way ticket to the moon.

Another one, if i see them able to land on the platform again, try either headsmash A-> to send them straight back, or to bring them aboard with a firebreath and use an up A backsmash attack to hopefully destroy them.

Gief hints and tips plz :bowser2: :idea:

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Standard A to Flying slam works, Standard A to Dtilt, Standard A to Bowser bomb (mostly works on heavy weights/big targets) Standard A to grab, Standard A to Down smash (mostly works on heavy weight/big targets) and Standard A to Ftilt

Try em all they work trust me.

Check out my vids as I apply these combos in almost all of my brawls. Their not really combos but consecutive hits that work.

Their more but thats just about what I use MOST of the time. The others are more situational.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dias4Flac

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
DiasFlac, some good advice there =). Simple but effective =D. Psy.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Bowser doesn't have any real combos. Jab canceling provides for good fakes, but they can be blocked/avoided.

I remember that an aerial Up-B does maybe 27% damage, if all hits connect.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
Fire Edgeguard, if they recover Roll away from the edge, and then F Smash -AWAY- from the edge. Usually works for me.

I also like to catch them coming back from the ledge in a D Smash.

WoP with F Airs. Granted it's not too good, but when they come back you can B Air for a kill :D

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Their not actually combo's but consecutive hits that work often. You have to know which to do in what situation. I would save the Standard A to Dtilt for when their damage is high since Dtilt is a great kill move.

I would use Standard A to Flying slam to rack up damage and if you Standard A them and their right out of Flying slam range (you should be able to flying slam them right after the first part of the Standard A) then run and do a grab to down throw. Down throw does 12%. The reason why I say don't run up to them and do a flying slam is because whenever I've done it they usually dodge it by reaction. Flying slam take like 1 sec to get out while a normal grab comes out in a instant.

Standard A to Down smash on big targets only works if their close to you. Your know over time how close their have to be or you can just test this in training mode and get a feel for it. Standard A to Bowser Bomb works on big targets at any distinct just as long as your able to hit the Standard A.

Even if they block the Standard A do the Bowser Bomb anyways. Most of the time they won't see it coming. Your be surprised how they actually block that standard A but then get hit by the second part of the Bowser Bomb. (lol)

Another good one that I don't do much is Standard A to Fair to reverse flame. This works mostly on big targets. Usually their block the Fair but you should be able to get behind them then do the turn around flame. Some players will actually Dash into it. Its not something I do much seeing how the Standard A to flying slam is better and has a better chance at working (and it works on all targets)

Brawl on!

WithinTemptation

Smash Cadet
Hmm seems like some nice combinations you got there ;) ill try them out later when my little ''household smash'' runs hehe :p nothing better than fixing a friendly tournament at home.

Thx for the tips guys :)
Keep on smashing!

Top Bottom