• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo I've been using lately...

WiNGSPANTT

Smash Rookie
ITT, needless condescension.

OP does not claim this is new or uber, yet is flamed and called a kid.

GJ guys you proved nothing by pwning the OP. And by pwning I mean "typing insults to without offering alternatives or reasonable criticism".

Eten

Smash Ace
It isn't a combo. I'm just explaining this because some people throw little fits about the term used here. A combo is technically anything in which you hit them again before the hitstun from the last hit wears off. Like in training mode, the actual combo counter counts up. You can still DI while being hit like this, so even if certain somethings are true combos, a player can DI out of range of the next hit and break the combo. That's also why % plays a role in combos, higher % means that your moves hit them further away, which gives you more distance to cover before they escape the hitstun.

There is also something I would call "strings". I'm not sure if this is the official term for it. These are much more common in Brawl over combos than before, although most of SSB. has always been strings and not combos because true combos are so hard to do against smart opponents who can DI well. Strings are just strings of hits, something like luigi doing multiple up-airs on a person. The hitstun to the next attack isn't long enough to register as a combo, but by using his upward jump momentum to keep up with his target, luigi can up-air into another up-air right after, and maybe even again after that. Strings can be also broken with DI, but since they aren't true combos things like a shield on the ground, an attack, a tech, or an air dodge also can mess this stuff up.

What you list in the original post is a very common and actually decently effective idea on how to play ZSS. Dash attack to up-tilt, then up-B, up-smash, or up-air, etc. But what you list isn't a combo, it would be a string, and likely an extremely rare one to land at that vs. smart human opponents.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Here is a series of strings thats relatively easy to pull off as long as you MIX them up.

dashattack->uptilt->upair->upB->downair

dashattack->uptilt->upB->dtilt/Dsmash->upair

B->downthrow->upair->upB->downair

B->downthrow->delayed upsmash (you'll see why later)->upB/upair

All of these are ESCAPABLE after the second string (second string is guranteed due to IASA frames), but as long as you mix them up, you MIGHT be able to pull off the entire string.

If you try to follow up a dthrow with an upair everytime and see that the opponent is airdodging right after the throw (which A LOT of people do), do a dashcancel upsmash (slightly delayed) and launch them up again.

And yeah, airdodge is broken. And the only character that can combo in this game is Toon and his ****ing bairs.

Top Bottom