• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cody's DDD impressions

Coselm

Smash Ace
Ok so I have been playing Brawl for the past few days, and here is what I have to say about DDD.

He is a fat penguin with a hammer.

His chaingrab is ridiculously easy to pull off, but it doesn't work on every characters. I had trouble keeping my friend as metaknight in it. Maybe if I timed it different or something? Either way you can't do it the same way (down throw > run forward > down throw etc.) against the extreme light weights.

Did I mention DDD is a beast?

Although he is really good, he took me a minute to get a hang of.

His Forward Smash is so strong. It is extremely easy to avoid, but if you can predict your opponent you may be able to land one every now and then, especially against noobs.

A good way to get a kill is to chase people off the edge. I chased people off the edge with bairs quite a few times for a kill.

His up-B recovery is a little annoying. He does a super high jump, and then comes crashing down in a yoshi-downB-esque attack. He won't grab the ledge unless you cancel the jump by pressing down. It can't really be used as an attack effectively to my experience, as there is so much ending lag so it is easily punished.

His dtilt and bair come out really quick. Uair comes out really quick too but is a little harder to hit with. He kind of headbutts, so it has less range than you would expect.

You can use his hammer for some good range. His f-tilt basically sticks his hammer out there.

So anybody got any questions about DDD? I might main him because I love laying down.

5%tax

Smash Journeyman
I came in here and expected to see youtube videos of some guy making all the noises DDD makes.....

Needless to say, I was very disapointed.

Top Bottom