• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Codec conversations

MysteriousSage

Smash Cadet
MOAR!

Pokemon Trainer:
Snake: "The one instructing the Pokemon from the background, he's a Pokemon Trainer?"
Campbell: "That Pokemon Trainer is carrying Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard."
Campbell: "They're powerful Pokemon that represent the Water, Grass, and Fire type respectively."
Campbell: "He prepares them to fight, then watches on. A good position, isn't it."
Snake: "You could say that. When the Pokemon fight, it's on the Pokemon Trainer's orders."
Campbell: "On the battlefield, a soldier who manages field strategy and evaluates the progress of war is indespensible."
Campbell: "If they maintain a good combination together, their power is probably multiplied."
Campbell: "That's why we also work well together. Don't you think, Snake?"
Snake: "...All right, thanks for your help."

Lucario:
Mei Ling: "You're fighting Lucario? Snake."
Snake: "Mei Ling, what is the purple flame coming out of the guy's hand?"
Mei Ling: "That's 'wave'." (Note: In Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, "wave" was translated as "aura.")
Snake: "'Wave'?"
Mei Ling: "Something like lifeforce. Lucario controls its own wave, and that's what is shining with power.
Mei Ling: "Lucario increases its wave when it takes damage, becoming stronger."
Mei Ling: "So, don't let your guard down saying, 'Since I did a lot of damage to it...'."
Snake: "You're saying, 'A cornered rat is dangerous'? ... What a nuisance."
Mei Ling: "Oh? Even Snake uses proverbs occasionally. How surprising."
Snake: "It's thanks to you."
Mei Ling: "When you come back, I'll teach you plenty of Chinese proverbs."

Anyone else find any others?

Rakath

Smash Ace
Nobody has translated the FE character Codecs, Peach, or Zelda/Sheik?

This saddens me... so much...

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Must have the FE ones...

Kirby's made me laugh so much...

And is that Snake one real? It's been awhile since I've seen it, but does he really say 'Masahiro Sakurai'? I can't view it right now...

EDIT: Some guy on GameFAQs posted saying that he created the Snake one himself, and was very mad that someone was touting it (and others) as real.

EDIT2: Here's what someone claims is the REAL Ness convo:

Colonel: That young boy is Ness.
Snake: Ness?
Colonel: Although he's a young boy, Ness is a master at PSI.
Snake: You mean, like Psycho Mantis ?
Colonel: Yes, teleportation, telekinesis, levitation, psychokinesis (something)
Snake: Can he use telepathy?
Colonel: No, not that I have heard.
Snake: Hearing that is a relief.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
(not real)

Snake: Who's that wolf?
Colonel: That's Wolf, Snake.
Snake: They stayed up all night to come up with that name, huh...
Colonel: While his name may be mundane, he makes up for it with his unique final smash!
Snake: What is it?
Colonel: A Landmaster. But not just any Landmaster Snake, a RED one. Be on your guard.
Snake: ...

Tsun

Smash Rookie
O: Snake, what's that you're fighting?!
S: It seems to be a giant enemy crab!
O: Uh-oh, Snake? Snake!
S: UGH, CRAB... BATTLE.
?: OLLLILLLILLLIOOOO!!!!
O: SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!

<____<.

I wonder what the US codec conversations are going to be like. The Purin pun doesn't work for us, since Purin = Jigglypuff. I'm glad Falcon Puuunch! is staying, and can't wait to hear Sonic's.

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
For people curious about Sonic... got this off Encyclopedia.com

"Hedgehogs are not related to hogs, but they root in the ground for food in the manner of hogs. Their diet consists of small animals, including worms, insects, frogs, mice, and even poisonous snakes; they have a high level of immunity to viper venom. A hedgehog will bite a snake and then roll itself up as the snake strikes, repeating this procedure until the snake is dead."

It should also be noted that Ocelots eat snakes as well. Predators and prey are commonly recurring themes in MGS.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
For people curious about Sonic... got this off Encyclopedia.com

"Hedgehogs are not related to hogs, but they root in the ground for food in the manner of hogs. Their diet consists of small animals, including worms, insects, frogs, mice, and even poisonous snakes; they have a high level of immunity to viper venom. A hedgehog will bite a snake and then roll itself up as the snake strikes, repeating this procedure until the snake is dead."

It should also be noted that Ocelots eat snakes as well. Predators and prey are commonly recurring themes in MGS.
the more you know....

(doo doo doo doooooomm)

Top Bottom