• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Clouds Guide to ssb4 in True SOLDIER Fashion

ShadowCalibur

Smash Apprentice
ShadowCalibur submitted a new guide:

Clouds Guide to ssb4 in True SOLDIER Fashion - Cloud from Shinra to AVALANCHE to ssb4

Cloud was destined to be my main from the beginning of his release and I would have mained him regardless of how trash he became. As a Final Fantasy VII veteran Cloud was a reckless powerhouse in home game and movie Advent Children and being a balanced character he can be patient as Mew2King plays or even more reckless then Captain Falcon or Roy.
His jab like most of his moves has "broken" frame data, meaning they'r all quick and safe to use with a few exceptions and even then the lag is...
Read more about this guide...

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Are you going to consider formatting this? Walls of text are way really intimidating and are hard to read. Try putting each move in its own paragraph and it'll look a lot more organized.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Overall the guide is kinda meh, but if you still want to work on it, I wrote some notes.
  • You listed most of his moves and how to use them, but not much on when to actually use them. Like, how will I know when I'm supposed to Nair, Dair, or Fair?
  • More emphasis needs to be put on playstyle. All you say is "My style is use pressure and offence with dashing at the opponent which is not normal and usually puts them into a panic which results in a shield perfect for grabs." This doesn't make any sense because 1) Cloud's grab isn't very good, 2) if the opponent doesn't shield, what do you do? 3) Nowhere in this description does it mention using literally any other move (nair, fair, etc.).
  • Consider talking about how to get kills, and rewording things to make it easier to understand.
I'm also getting the impression from "Nair ... leads to a 0-death combo that im not so sure is true but I have killed with it every time I successfully landed the fair" that you don't have much experience outside of For Glory, which really isn't a good way of finding out whether or not a combo is true. First of all, you should be testing whether or not a combo is true since you're the one writing the guide. Second of all, if your only experience is on For Glory, you might want to consider learning your character more before writing a guide. It's perfectly OK to wait before writing a guide (in fact, it might be better to prevent misinformation), and there's already lots of guides out there that you can read to learn more about Cloud. I recommend reading/watching these two:
https://smashboards.com/guides/onuas-cloud-guide.1029/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKRuW0a7Zfw

ShadowCalibur

Smash Apprentice
ive fought outside for glory and gotten killes against skilled players its just hard

Although the string works way to often on FG

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
If that's the case, then you can try talking about your methods/thought processes when trying to get a kill. You mentioned several kill setups/kill options, but when are you supposed to use them? I mean, it's a good thing that you mention moves that are used in the neutral that set up into kill moves (e.g. dair > finishing touch), but Limit Cross Slash is a really good move and you don't talk about how you're supposed to use it. (is it supposed to be used as a read? to cover the ledge? etc.)

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I'm not a cloud main so I can't say, but check out the guides I linked earlier and fix/add any info you need to

Top Bottom