• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Closing distances.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I've started trying out Kirby, and basically, I need help. Bad. Basically, what is Kirby's best option for closing distances?

I do good when I can make the distance, or when they approach me, but most of the time I feel that my approaches, and overall my attempts at closing the distance are bad. Does anyone have any tips for approaching safer?

Kooby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2020-0031-6506
Short hop to forward air can be a good approach option, a slightyl higher hop to down air can work too, and you can even follow up with almost anything!

LaserLockOn

Smash Rookie
Kirby is pretty terrible at approaching opponents while traveling through the air, however his grab game is god-like. Stay on the ground more frequently rather than focusing on his aerials, that way he has more options.

Could you probably specify your question a bit more? Like if you're having trouble against projectiles, rollers, or evasive games.

Top Bottom